Audi coil pack recall

VAG-Slag

Reaction score
Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
I know there was a thread about this a few months back but I thought I’d start a new one as some of you may not know and there was even some speculation over it’s authenticity when it was first mentioned.

There IS currently a recall on all petrol Audis with coil packs. Yesterday I had all four of mine swapped out for free and they even gave my car a full valet while I was there :)

All you gotta do is phone up your local Audi service centre ask about it and they’ll book you in to see if you are allegeable!
We all know how ****e the Audi coil packs can be, and free stuff is always good! Hope this helps someone out

Does this include second hand older Audis like my 1997 1.6 A3?

Surely they wouldn't replace the coil packs for free if you are the seconds or even third owner of the vehicle?

Does this include second hand older Audis like my 1997 1.6 A3?

Surely they wouldn't replace the coil packs for free if you are the seconds or even third owner of the vehicle?

doesnt matter how many owners mate. its to do with faulty audi parts, I had mine swapped. I was the 5th owner.

My S3 wasn't covered as it uses bolt down coils. This is in Australia though so might be different for other countries.

I only a 2 new ones was told they where going to do all 4 only 2 had the right part no.

Cool, so has anyone tried Maidstone Audi or any Audi in the South East?

I had my S3 in for service at Maidstone Audi yesterday......booked it in a couple of weeks ago.

When i booked it THEY TOLD ME i was eligible for this FOC recall swap out. They did it no problems.

Only owned my A3 for a week and I got mine swopped FOC.They even gave it a valet.

cheers pal just seen your sig and thought you had the same as me(AGU). stockport audi checked my reg but said there were no recalls on my car. Still dont trust them tho!

Just seen your other post mate. In that case if your car has this then no because your car has got the old style ignition transformer with HT leads not the 4 coil packs on slightly newer vehicles.

When did they change? I might see if I can get my car done.

The recall only applies to A3 2000/2001 onwards with ARX, ARY, AUM, AUQ, AMK, AGU, BAM & AUL engines

had my coils done today, replaced 3 of them whilst they were pullin my pants down on afull major n haldex service lol I'm third owner of 03 S3 :)