Slight Fueling Related Issue Maybe?

Wizza

Reaction score
Every now and again the car will bog down as accelerating. Now I don't feel as though this is a boost related issue as I've had plenty of things like this replaced overtime and after logging last week the figures are great and don't ressemble this and it definitely isn't in limp mode.

But i feel as though the car has always had this bogging down issue (been worse in the past at times). From this I have pinpointed necessary fuel related parts which could be causing issues;

> Fuel Pump (inside tank) - £215+VAT
> Fuel Pump (lad at Audi said there is an exterior tank pump?) - £n/a
> Injectors - £108+VAT 'each'
> Fuel Pressure Regulator - £72+VAT
> Fuel Filter (have one sat at home) - £n/a

Now those prices are quite high and don't wanna pay out when it may make no difference but I have some of this I bought not very long ago and I'm wondering whether to give it a go before forking out cash;
Wynns_Injector_Cleaner.jpg

I certainly don't think it's the Spark Plugs or Oil Packs either as theae would vertainly throw up more issues. Any advice is much appreciated :) cheers!

Last edited:
I didn't think there was and I've never used injector cleaners on cars before because I've hears in past an engine gets used to them.

I'd like to give the fuel tank a full flush at some point aswell. Ultrasonic cleaner sounds good - how much does this cost? Still shocked at the price of injectors!

Last edited:
what fuel you running m8 also change the fuel filter while its lieing around at home as spare may solve the problem

Looking at your logs from the sessions we did your fuelling is spot on, not running lean at any point. My personal opinion to the slight bog down is the map itself, i think your car feels fine :)

When your old MAF was half dead you had some timing pull but on the last session we didn't log timing.... could of done with logging it to see if the timing pull was any better lol

what fuel you running m8 also change the fuel filter while its lieing around at home as spare may solve the problem

Running V-Power mate. Will get the fuel filter sorted very soon :)

Looking at your logs from the sessions we did your fuelling is spot on, not running lean at any point. My personal opinion to the slight bog down is the map itself, i think your car feels fine :)

When your old MAF was half dead you had some timing pull but on the last session we didn't log timing.... could of done with logging it to see if the timing pull was any better lol

Will Lee have his laptop with him on Sunday? Could give it a go then :)/ I'l bring my memory stick with me and then I can copy the log straight onto it.

If you want to clean the injectors I have an ultrasonic cleaner you can use. I did mine and it made my car idle smoother.

that's all it did though.

The idle is a bit up and down from time to time so sounds like teh ultrasonic is defo worth a shot :)

Quick question.

As mentioned above I will be putting the injectors through an Ultrasonic cleaner BUT I'm guessing it's worth replacing injector seals? Just thought I would check before I go out and spend what apears to be £3.31+VAT per seal and apparently there is 8 of them?