Hindhead tunnel noise!

pompeysteve

Reaction score
How exciting to have a tunnel here in the south UK at long last, I drove it today in the hope of creating that lovely tunnel sound only to find a average speed check of 40mph!!
Here's a small clip trying to keep the speed down.
I imagine this post is in the wrong forum, sorry in advance if it is.

Reactions: Inertiauk
There is no 40mph limit in the tunnel, it's 70, with specs that won't get you until you're way above 80!

There is no sign saying 40 mph average :(

I don't know why everyone is going so slow through there!

I've been through 6 times today, and not dropped below 70 once!

Go back and do it properly steve!

I just watched it on my iphone J, yours must be gay!

Steve, did you not see the small electric national speed limit signs lit up at each cross passage? You pass one in your vid!

Yep saw them, but saw the average speed limit warning signs on the way in and the cameras on the way out!
I must be getting to cautious in my old age I guess!

Ok next time I'll do it properly, prizes for the fastest time through the tunnel is it??

There are average speed cameras yea, but they're set for 70mph traffic, and have to prove beyond all reasonable doubt.

That means you get the standard 10% + 2 of 79mph, plus a bit more, and it has to be over the longest possible distance too, covering all manner of lane changes and such like.

Net result is, if you go through at an indicated 80mph, you're more likely doing 76-77 in reality, and never going to get done :)

Happy days.

Went through at 7am this morning when it was quiet, the track car sounded awesome in there, expecially when it backfires on gear changes :)

I just watched it on my iphone J, yours must be gay!

Steve, did you not see the small electric national speed limit signs lit up at each cross passage? You pass one in your vid!

Haaaaaaa! If mine is gay, yours is a c**t as it didn't text me back.

Still can't see it, just keep seeing this bird with a okish rack holding a bike frame???