Windows openening on there own???

teejoo

Reaction score
mmm, not on the sat nav but IIRC you can get this in the 'secret' settings pages.

try a search or if somebody has a better memory than me?....

I *think* it's go into the set menu, hold down Menu for about 6-10 seconds, then it goes into the diagnostic mode. You can look at the telemetry (wheel sensor = current speed in mph * 10) or I think one of the GPS modes will tell you the GPS speed.

Woke up this morning and went to get my car out of the garage and found both front windows down, doors were locked. Same ting happened about 3 weeks ago.
Im not sure what the cause is, I keep my key on me all the time and i could of accidently pressed it in my pocket while in the kitchen (next to the garage) and thus caused the windows to roll down, obviously if i didn't open the door then it would have re-locked automatically, so that would explain why the doors were locked.
My other worry is that it could be a duff module which is causing it.
So i was wandering if anyone else has had a similar problem and could shed soe light.

I've heard of this problem before. do a search on the forum and hopefully you will find the answer.

Good luck
Rich.

I wonder if the switch in the drivers door lock is faulty.

If you turn the key and hold it the windows will drop.

I managed to activate this whilst replacing window clips on the other halfs mkiv golf which uses the same system.

Not sure if it remains active with the car locked... but worth a thought.

It sounds like one of these problems that required the use of VAG.COM and a dealer as it might be a real pain in the *** to locate the problem unless there is an obvious error code.

Mine was the same, two windows dropped by about 3inches, weird, also a bloke near mine has had same problem with vw bora too.

What i have noticed is, when doors are open , press the central locking to lock, shut passenger door, door locks, shut drivers door , doesnt lock and the lock thingy doesnt go down either, any1 else the same with that??

Thanks

Most VAG cars do as we have found out at work where we are constantly locking and unlocking cars.

Is there not a recall for cars that do this as this is a major problem for people who have the intension of breakin into a car. Can any VAG dealer sort this problem out or not?

I had a golf wich was broken into using the fact the windows dropped automatically. A quick fix i suppose would be to get VAG.com to disable the function, so if i am doing it accidently when getting my cans of fosters from the kitchen, then it should stop.

Or there could be mice, munching on the electrical wires causing short circuits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

in the manual it says something like:- pressing the ‘unlock’ button for 2 seconds will unwind the windows, and pressing the ‘lock’ button for 2 seconds will wind the windows up (also include sun roof too)