Intermittent Cooling fans, odd temp showing below 90

Dubstep

Reaction score
So after reading some other posts on here about what my temp gauge should be showing i thought i'd try and get mine sorted as i thought it might have something to do with my cooling fans not working. My on dash gauge reads just below 90* id say around 85ish. So i changed the thermostat and temp sensor and nothing has changed. Im now baffled about what to do, ive looked at 2 of my friends S3's and theres sits bang on 90*, even when sat in traffic mine doesnt budge, only when traveling at a steady speed at low engine speed will my temps drop slightly, back to normal driving and it sits back at 85ish. A while ago the 30amp fuse on top of the battery thats for the fan control module kept blowing every few days, this has stopped doing that but its ive still got no cooling fans. my theory's are, and please correct me if im wrong; ive got a faulty fan control switch or a faulty Fan control module? this might be the reasons my fans wont work (but do very occasionally, like once in a blue moon) but it wouldnt have any effect on the temp guage. the engine isnt overheating and neither is causing me any issues as such but it would be nice to know that they where working correctly. does anyone have a resolution or any idea what might be causing these issues?

Can anyone shed some light on this please? i really dont want to take it to the stealer to be seen coming :3sadwalk:

From what you have said the fans wont come on anyway, i think its around 96 when they come on (theres a buffer in the gauge so it wont show 96) so if it sits at 85 no chance, doesnt it heat up in traffic? i would take it for a blast then leave it ticking over, the temps should rise and the fans kick in.
You have a different problem though with the car not sitting at 90... air lock?

an air lock could be my problem. how do i bleed the air out if i have any in there?

Where is the fan thermostatic switch?
I want to test the fans by running a wire across the points to see if the fan control module is dodgy.