AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

oil round the back near turbo area

Hi all,

Well I had a rummage yesterday as I am getting a 17863 fault code up again.

17863 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235): Implausible Signal
    P1455 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I had the exhaust fitters fit a new G235 senspr back when my exhaust got fitted (january/feb this year). Then it went away. It has come back and I thought I would have a feel round the back to make sure they put it in the hole properly and so I knew where it was. So I traced a metal braided wire from under the inlet manifold (I presume that was the right one) round the back towards the turbo. From what I was feeling, it connects to a hard pipe.

Now that hard pipe had oil on it. and it wasnt old oil, it was quite fresh from the feel of it. Im wondering if running slightly lean may have screwed the sensor but wondering where the likely places are that this oil is coming from. and plus if there is oil coming from where the G235 sensor is (possibly why its not reading properly), would that mean bye bye old turbo, and HELLO HYBRID POWER!!! could of done with a few months before that, but hey, if it needs doing it, it needs doing.

I have fitted a catch can and the long term trim is very low (<0.5) compared to 6.9 before I fitted the catch can and replaced the damaged vac hose under inlet mani so that solved the fuel trim issue. so wondering if that happened a bit too late.

Any ideas what could be causing this oil? Its not easy to take a look round the back there at all without some kind of keyhole surgery camera!
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Cam cover gasket is quite likely if it has not been replaced. Just changed mine and did the cam chain tensioner gasket and half moon at the same time. With the cam cover off it was then obvious the gasket had been leaking oil over the exhaust manifold.

2nd Gear

Status
    interesting. I dont think it has been replaced so will start there. then I am left with the G235 issue. Cant believe it has failed again in 6 months. Must be something up with the wiring
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's