Changed the brakes on my audi last night!

MAD_Adamski

Reaction score
from the old porsche's

IMAG0030.jpg

To these!

2011-07-26122313.jpg

(ignore the bumper my cooler pipe needs modded!)

So what they like? You need tobe posting more info mate, lol. They the same calipers tuftys using?

i dont really come on here much bro, as mines a Tdi i have really finished my modding on it now bar a new clutch and a remap, as i concentrate on the cossie really, get it back this week from mapping too with 600hp :).

But sure the AP's are number : CP6608 I only fitted them last night need to get the pads bedded to the discs now and then rebleed the brakes then the will be at there best, but the porsche ones were good but i needed new pads and plus i wasnt 100% happy with them as they needed to get hot before they worked well, i have ap 6 pots on the cossie and they work AMAZING... I'm only running the 310mm discs as this is budget in a perfect world i'd get bigger discs and perhaps i will move upto S3 discs, but i will not pay out for 2 piece ones as this cost me nothing! I bought the calipers for a bargain 5 years ago for £150 and had them sat in the box for a rainy day encase i bought another small hot hatch to need them for but i got them to fit on this for now so all good!!!

Fair dos.

Bet you cant wait to get that back, guessing its kinda rapid compared to the diesel haha.

S3 discs are only 312 so i wouldnt bother, if you going to do it get lcr discs which are 323mm.

Yep its the 323 discs i am looking at because they will work with the caliper well! And yes been running it in for few weeks so had no power lol but wll be so much more fun with the full power on tap! But i have to say i dunno how quick the audi is now but i love it, is so quick and torquey with all the mods its go all the right bits without going too far if you get me!? should be a good 200hp when remapped!

Also as people may know i helped organise the AH fabs intercooler setup as there my mates i did say i would get them t make me one HOWEVER after a impulse buy i decided to use a fiesta RS turbo one which i got for £50 as the outlets would suit me perfect and its single pass and capable of 250hp!

2011-07-12155106.jpg

the top front pipe needs modded as prevents he bumper fitting right just nw but due to my work hours ive not got to AH yet for it to be modded