The carbon wrapping continues!

S4 Muzza

oww! my giant blue head!
Reaction score
After last weeks complete fail while trying to refit a carbon wrapped rear view mirror (a cracked windscreen and £70 out the mod fund), i thought it best to leave the wrapping for a while......
BUT, i was out cleaning the car earlier and couldnt resist a doing a few more bits here and there :unsure:
The ashtray in the back, the glove compartment handle and those two little switches on the centre console that aren't used for anything were all attacked with yet more Di-noc. The results.....

SouthAyrshire-20110724-00090.jpg

SouthAyrshire-20110724-00088.jpg

EastAyrshire-20110724-00083.jpg

EastAyrshire-20110724-00070.jpg

SouthAyrshire-20110724-00080.jpg

Thankfully no damage to the car this time haha, very pleased with the results!

Reactions: Dibdub1
Looks good, but how the hell did you destroy the windscreen? Lol.

Good job dude lovin Yr work, and no damage lol:thumbsup:

Looks really good mate! Did you remove the glovebox handle and rear ashtray cover in order to wrap them?

Looks great, my roof, door pillars and blades are done in this stuff, I got boared and did my key yesterday! Like the bits you've covered

Did you spray your center console yourself? What spray paint did you use? Looks nice.

Cheers for the comments guys!

Dibdub, didnt remove any of it! I popped the ashtray out as its in an awkward place but didnt disconnect the actual ashtray from the lid. Theres enough room around the glove compartment handle to get the carbon wrap round the sides and same goes for the unused buttons (although they are pretty easy to pop out if you want). With a little help from the heatgun and a thin piece of plastic you can shape it round the edges no problem.

Aar0n, the centre console was like that when i got the car, the little armrest bits on the door (where the window switches are) is the same. I assumed it was standard???

MuzzaS3 the piano trim was an option. It looks good I am considering spraying mine though I don't want to mess it up!

aaah i see! why not try sourcing one from a scrap dealer? would be a lot less messy and would be a simple job to fit!