18 x 9.5" ET15... Possible on an S3?

Ryan_W

Reaction score
As the title states. I've been offered a set of wheels in 18 x 9.5" ET15 5x114.3 stud pattern.

Would it be possible to fit these in anyway, shape, or form?

Cheers gents,

Ryan

I'd say no. You're going to need adapters, the minimum thickness of which would be 15mm making the wheels ET0. At that offset, they'll be sticking out an extra 50-60mm over the standard wheels (not 100% on the width and offset of standard).

They *might* fit but I'd say no. Hopefully someone else can shed some light. 9.5" isn't a problem on the rear from what I can see but it's the offset that's the problem.

I very much doubt they will fit. U need a higher offset for adapters. Plus the 15mm adapters are not all that safe. Minimum id go for is 20mm and probably h&r!

Other option is major camber nd major stretched tyres... Then they might sit in the arches, but it will handle like a boat!!

Plus the 15mm adapters are not all that safe.

This is based on what? I've done a fair amount of research and not seen an issue, only people "saying" that they're not safe (who usually have no experience with them). The guy that built my adapters has been building them for 10+ years and said there's no issues with 15mm adapters but demanded they were hub centric (I asked anyway). H&R also make 15mm adapters and I'm pretty sure they are TUV approved. If the adapters are built from the proper materials and to the correct tolerances you'll have no issues.

Gutted... The wheels are amazing and weight f-all... :(

Oh well, the search continues for some genuine BBS CH's or something else that tickles my fancy.

Gents...

Would it be possible to get some new hubs made up in 5x114? Just thinking how much it'd cost since I can get the wheels cheep.

So in theory, 18x9.5 ET15 with 225/235 tyres. Would they fit or would they still catch the arches?

Cheers,

Ryan

I've sent an email to a company in Germany who make custom hubs... Will see what price they come back with.

Theirs always the option of redrilling the standard hubs to fit 5x114.3 (which will work fine on a 5x100 hub... apparently). Not too sure about stress levels on the hub itself though...

Hmmmmmm.......

Gents...

Would it be possible to get some new hubs made up in 5x114? Just thinking how much it'd cost since I can get the wheels cheep.

So in theory, 18x9.5 ET15 with 225/235 tyres. Would they fit or would they still catch the arches?

Cheers,

Ryan

In short ET15 with an 8.5" rim is tight, so 9.5" is going to look stupid, with adaptors, it's going to be ET0 which is no chance at all in my opinion.

Wel mine are et 50 11j on the rear,with 30mm adapters so thats et 20!,i have had arch's rolled 25mm on the rear with 235,35,19 tyres,did take alot of work and handles amazing,it does scrub a little but thats because i like alot of pos camber and its only slightly rubbing the arch liner! Anything will fit you just need time and money!,hope this helps!

there's no way these will fit! the rears could go on at a stretch.. but by the time you have adapters in there minimum of 15mm so your be running a et0 wheel on 9.5j......
i run et12 on 9j at rear you could run et0 9.5j probably but you'd have a lot of poke. my wheels sit flush with the arches.
but front i run et27 on 9j so an et0 and 9.5j wont work for sure you'd need some wheel arch extensions or somthing but will cost a lot is it worth it??
front your be running 33mm poke and rear will be 18mm poke

there's no way these will fit! the rears could go on at a stretch.. but by the time you have adapters in there minimum of 15mm so your be running a et0 wheel on 9.5j......
i run et12 on 9j at rear you could run et0 9.5j probably but you'd have a lot of poke. my wheels sit flush with the arches.
but front i run et27 on 9j so an et0 and 9.5j wont work for sure you'd need some wheel arch extensions or somthing but will cost a lot is it worth it??
front your be running 33mm poke and rear will be 18mm poke

This is what I've been trying to say in my last few posts, but not in so much detail. If the wheels are 9.5" wide all round, you have to get the issue of clearing the front wheelarches before even considering about the rears.

They won't fit basically - Simples!

I put a set of front 9.5js on my mates s3 et 30!,just about went on 215,35,18 tyres!,with a lower et be hard but if its not to low with arches rolled 30mm might just be ok!

Sorry mine are et12!,his are et15 so would be close but thats what gives the stance id say go for it!,would take some work though!