Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

projector lights

i have upgraded from standard lights to the facelift projector lights

what bulbs do you guys use in yours ?

as i followed the guide and used my old bulbs and the light output seems crap tbh
    Audi A3 8L 1.8T breaking.
    front bumper, impact bar, slam panel, full engine and loom sold.
    everything else for sale.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Stick a HID kit in them
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

3rd Gear

Status
    No dont! either upgrade to xenons properly with parts from an S3 instead of a cheap crap HID kit off eBay which will interfere with your stereo and blind oncoming motorists.

Or get Philips Bluevision. They have a very slight blue tint on the glass to remove yellow and prouce the closest to white light I have seen from halogen bulbs.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    Driving a 2004 B6 Audi S4 - Stage 2

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

5th Gear

Status
    how does the HID interfere with the stereo

3rd Gear

Status
    1 example, google for many more ... HID's and humming noise - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

they are cheeply made and they have transformers in them they can (and have in my experience) make the power supply in your car unstable and very 'dirty' this causes buzzing through the sound system, sometimes on standard setups, and more commonly if you have amps, or bose.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    Driving a 2004 B6 Audi S4 - Stage 2

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Audi novice handle with care

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Inertiauk View Post
    No dont! either upgrade to xenons properly with parts from an S3 instead of a cheap crap HID kit off eBay which will interfere with your stereo and blind oncoming motorists.

Or get Philips Bluevision. They have a very slight blue tint on the glass to remove yellow and prouce the closest to white light I have seen from halogen bulbs.
    not in my case they only light up about 3-4 feet in front the car, but i get no interference

5th Gear

Status
    Well i have HIDs in mine and BOSE and this is the first i've ever heard about Buzzing..... also HIDs only blind and dazzle if fitted into normal headlamps .... they are fine in projectors .... i've had ,ime in over 2 years and passed all MOT's and not been pulled by the Police

As i said .... Stick a HID kit in them
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

5th Gear

Status
    Has anyone else had a problem with the facelift light. Mine are dangerously bad, I will take a photo tonight of the light output I get from them with xenon H1 bulbs

When setting the beem level up on a wall the lights are very good but when out driving on the road I can't see pretty much anything its like driving with only side lights on

I can't drive around with just high beam on all the time lol

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    dunno about ur facelifts but ive got HID's in my angels and i get no humming. I have the projector bits in them so they dont blind anyone...

Id get a HID kit if i was you mate. A3/S3 standard lights are ****

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Inertiauk View Post
    1 example, google for many more ... HID's and humming noise - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

they are cheeply made and they have transformers in them they can (and have in my experience) make the power supply in your car unstable and very 'dirty' this causes buzzing through the sound system, sometimes on standard setups, and more commonly if you have amps, or bose.
    My cheap HID kit hasn't made the stereo buzz in either of my A3s one with a sub and amp in it the other with a different headunit. The facelift lights are projectors anyway so they don't blind other road users. I've not had 1 flash from anyone in over a year!

Don't rate the Philips Bulbs, expensive for what they are, they're not much brighter than cheap bulbs and one of them blew after 12 months. Fortunately I got a refund and wouldn't get them again for the price.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST