a3 rear suspension big banging noise when going over potholes

jellyfishpants

Reaction score
hi everyone,rear big banging noise when i go over potholes or road humps,changed shockers helped a bit but loud banging noise still,any ideas,thanx in anticipation.

may sound like a stupid question. have you checked its nothing in the boot/make sure the spare wheel is tight with no movement

If shocks,top mounts and springs ok its bound to be your rear beam/axle bushes these cause knocking noises when past it....as i presume you have a 2wd A3

Hi,

I purchased an '06 A3 8 weeks ago and a rattling sound has developed within the last week. It is coming from the rear offside quarter and sounds like a rack of plates rattling under the rear seats.

I'm a little alarmed as it only has 26k on the clock but it has a warranty. It's going back to audi on Thursday to be identified, I'll update with diagnosis once I hear; I'm curious to know if its a similar issue.

D

Hi,

I purchased an '06 A3 8 weeks ago and a rattling sound has developed within the last week. It is coming from the rear offside quarter and sounds like a rack of plates rattling under the rear seats.

I'm a little alarmed as it only has 26k on the clock but it has a warranty. It's going back to audi on Thursday to be identified, I'll update with diagnosis once I hear; I'm curious to know if its a similar issue.

D

You need the 8P section this part of the forum is for the older mk1 A3s AKA 8L

hi jellyfishpants, i also have this same problem and was thinking of fitting a coilover kit? Could you tell me if it was your rear axle bushes