Tyre blown to shreds

AARON77

Reaction score
d3631010.jpg

looks like a goodyear F1 eagle to me (very good, sticky tyre), there were a lot of low quality fakes of those knocking about at one point, almost as sticky, very similar material, but prone to side wall bubbles and splitting, might be one of them?

The split was presumably caused by it being run flat at high speeds.

Looks like a big bolt or nail in it, just below his hand.

Yea pressure run low making tyre warm up more and more pressure on sidewalls!,allways best to check pressures and tyres for nails b4 motorway driving!,most common blow out that one!

The hole is where the foolish Rac man thought he could repair it
Think I picked something in the kitty litter as I was overtaking an rs4 through some chevrons on a curved sliproad the rest is history lol
Check where the tyre wear is (very hard cornering)
I've had countless sets of Goodyear f1 and this is the 1st misshapp
I've now moved onto f1 eagle asymetrics I've heard theyre even better so next week I'm gonna buy 2 for the rear as I hate not having 4 tyres the same

Can I join in? Similar damage, went flat at high speed.

5972089214_81706c7839.jpg

I had Eagle F1s as well, they were very good and grippy, however, noticed that they had a really bad rumbling sound, almost like the bearings had gone.

Once the tyres were off, the insides, were very worn!!!

I will post a pic later when I am at home, the rest of the tyre was ok though.

I only had them on the back and did surprisingly get very good use out of them.

The ones I had were made in Thailand.

The hole is where the foolish Rac man thought he could repair it
Think I picked something in the kitty litter as I was overtaking an rs4 through some chevrons on a curved sliproad the rest is history lol
Check where the tyre wear is (very hard cornering)
I've had countless sets of Goodyear f1 and this is the 1st misshapp
I've now moved onto f1 eagle asymetrics I've heard theyre even better so next week I'm gonna buy 2 for the rear as I hate not having 4 tyres the same

Did'nt the rac man say the repair was a temp fix!,normaly when they put the blue repair glue in the tyre its 50mph for 50 miles to get you to nerest tyre garage!

He didn't know wot he was doing to be fair I think he was trying to get me on my way
No such luck it was transporter time for me

I don't understand this....... are you saying the RAC man tried to mend it with half the tire wall hanging off ??? or did they do a temp repair and you carried on driving on it and then it blew ???