audi a3 agu revo map?

a3 1.8t

Reaction score
Website
www.jalnablast.co.uk
Hi there i am new to this forum i have been member of various other ones before and came accross your selfs! I have just bought a 1998 audi a3 1.8t sport it was 150bhp standard and has been revo mapped to 190bhp and has a forge dump valve fitted. It drives nice 90k on her full service history 2 owners from new ect. When driving the car it pull well from 1500 revs all the way to 6500revs but it doesnt seem to pull any quicker the higher the revs are if that makes sense? I.e it doesnt seem to have a power band that kicks in? My brother has a 225bhp tt and after 4000revs that has a strong powerband that kicks in same with my dads s4 although thats not turbo'd. Its the first 1.8t i have owned i had a 110bhp golf gttdi before this and a audi 80 cabriolet 2.6v6, does this seem normal for a a3 1.8t thats been mapped?

regards tom

sounds pretty normal really mate, the AGU has a very small ko3 turbo, which runs out of puff very early. by 5000rpm, on a remapped engine the turbo is loosing efficiency fast, and will be dropping boost.

it'll pull to 6500rpm sure, but peak power is often more like 4500-5000rpm, and there isn't too much point in going further!

Thanks alot i had read a few people saying about the air mass meters going on them, i didnt know what a 190 went like but seen as it sounds pretty normal i know theres nothing to worry about. It just seems like a "steady fast" as in doesnt seem like your doing it but when you look at the speedo your going a fair lick. Is there much work in putting a k03s turbo in?

regards tom

straight swap yes, although it'll need to be mapped to suit. if you're mapped already, add a ko3S and a custom map, and you'll see maybe 205-210bhp on standard hardware.

Add in a turbo back exhaust and FMIC, and you could see up to 230bhp if all is in good health.

That would be fine for me done need anymore! wouldnt it run if i just swapped the turbo's? are the powerbands different on the k03s's? I have head a few people say that they can throw the diff's as they are a weak spot?

regards tom

standard diff is a weak point potentially, but unless you like launching it off the line you shouldn't have a problem. i've done over 50k on stae 2 ko3S setups without blowing a diff. and 30k on my current ko3S A3 at 225bhp without blowing a diff.

You are likely to get clutch slip if you've done high mileage though, as a stage 2 ko3S will put out over 250lbft

its on a standard clutch on 90k at the moment i dare say it will need a new one soon its on a stage one revo map and forge dump valve. Is there anything else i can do apart from turbo that will make difference as it is? what difference does a tip make? Are the k03's turbos manifolds ect the same are they a staright swap? sorry for all the questions! i am new to the 1.820vt i knew quite abit about the tdi's!

Alrite mate welcome to the site, im sure all the fellow audi enthusiasts are more than willing to lend a helping hand to your queries. As to your question about extra stuff to do then id just say how big are your pockets lol? The list is endless as iv found out on my own little project. Try replacing any split hoses or ones you might think are weak as your remapd engine will eat them lol so you could have a small vacuum leek or boost. Might explain your no feeling a turbo kick in.

Thanks for all the help, im on holiday untill friday i havnt had chance to give her a proper wash and valet yet to get some pics up, soon as i get back i will, only had her a day then came away its like having new car syndrome twice haha. I'm not sure on the dump valave i will have a look on friday when i get home, cant wait for new project to get few bits on, i had a 110bhp gttdi golf and had to put a new engine in her, new clutch ect done quite a bit to it and loved it then got a audi 2.6v6 that i couldnt afford to run fuel wise so now i have got this, i do 10000-15000 miles a year so i dont really want to be going down the k04 turbo route while i would like the power i wouldnt be able to afford the fuel to put init! so i spose really i want to get as much as possible out of her but keep the fuel consumption at least 30sih (dont we all) i need some proper alloys on her i want some either rs4 or rs6 alloys age old debate i cant decide on?? :/