Strange idle issue

Dubstep

Reaction score
She seems to be idling at around 950rpm once warmed up, but if i go for a drive it seems to idle at 1000rpm. I don't think i have any vacuum leaks. do i need to do a TB reset on vagcom?

Mine has started doing this since my battery went, idles at 1000 until warm then drops to 750, so I need to do anything?

Id say your ok emma, mine idles at 1200 until warm then drops to about 800. Its common, Dubstep has a different issue I think

A TB reset didnt do any good :ermm: . Tho i may have found the cause. a fair few weeks ago as i was changing my thermostat broke my dipstick, its super brittle! and as i was gluing it back together i was a bit rough and broke it again! GRRRR! so i found some hose the same ID size and wedge it back together and back onto the stubby end still attached to where the DS goes. I dont think its given me much of a seal tho and ive been told that a bad seal on the dipstick or oil filler cap can cause a high idle. Is this true?

I made bits of both my tube and the dipstick itself. ive a new tube on now and the dipstick is taped up for the time being. It never caused a high idle though at any point. I suppose its not flagging any codes?

nope, no code's. ive triple checked all hoses, ive changed all 4 coil packs to my spare set and still high idle. Ill be putting in a new set of Iridium plugs soon just to be sure its not an ignition problem

Id say your ok emma, mine idles at 1200 until warm then drops to about 800. Its common, Dubstep has a different issue I think

I don't think that is normal when starting up in normal air temperature (i.e. not freezing winters morning). You may have an air leak in the system.

If you do a search you'll see people with air leaks have had a similar problem on start up when the rev needle is hunting until it eventually settles around the normal 900 revs.

For the problems that air leaks can cause a turbo car it would be money well spent to get the system checked for leaks every now and again.