Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

Strange noise - Help !!!

I have a strange grating / whining noise coming from the rear of the car (I think)
    it only seems to happen when I am up to speeds of around 70mph and the pitch changes as I accelerate. it goes off if I take my foot off the gas.
    I thought it was a dust guard catching the brakes as it has that metallic ring to it, but I have checked all of them and they seem clear.
    I have had a good look under neath and cannot see any rubbing.
    I haver serviced the haldex and checked the rear diff levels and all are fine.
    I am starting to wonder if it is a worn engine mount that is causing some noise at the rear as the engine rocks under load.

has anyone got any suggestions??

Thanks and please help!!! LOL

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    maybe the heat guard as dropped or loose and is rubbing on the exhaust..

5th Gear

Status
    I have looks at the heat shield and cannot see where it would be catching, if anything it sounds as though it would be catching the prop shaft.

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion