Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

new shaped s3 front brakes on 8l

hi everyone, i would like to upgrade my front brakes at sometime in the future, but i would like them to look oem, has anyone fitted the 345mm front brakes from the new s3 to there 8l s3, would i just need some adaptors for the calipers, or is there more to it, thanks
    2001 s3, stage 1 amk, nogaro blue, bilstein shocks, eibach springs, forge adjustable tie bars, Red power flex dog bone bush, Awesome heavy duty clutch, 18" nouvalari alloys, ambient lighting, tt pedals, led side lights, led number plate lights, abt number plate surrounds, badger 5 tip, jetex filter, resonated milltek cat back exhaust, bailey dv,

2. # ADS
    ADS

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    I imagine you'd have to get the adapters cuatom made.
    You'd need brake lines aswell.
    They are still only a sliding one piston caliper design you know, there are better upgrades available. But if uou can get them cheap enough, i really like the idea!

6th Gear

Status
    The discs will also be wrong PCD ie 5x112 rather than your 5x100.
    Re drilling them isnt the problem ... its knowing if the throw of the disc ( from the face the wheel bolts to to the front face of the disc ) is the same or would that need working into the adapters as well.
    As said... there are much easier upgrades out there
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for the replies lads, sounds like it could be quite a tricky job and probably expensive i just liked the idea of them looking oem, i think i will have to look into alternative brake upgrades and then get them powder coated black and maybe get some subtle audi or s3 stickers for them
    2001 s3, stage 1 amk, nogaro blue, bilstein shocks, eibach springs, forge adjustable tie bars, Red power flex dog bone bush, Awesome heavy duty clutch, 18" nouvalari alloys, ambient lighting, tt pedals, led side lights, led number plate lights, abt number plate surrounds, badger 5 tip, jetex filter, resonated milltek cat back exhaust, bailey dv,

6th Gear

Status
    This is what you could do not as subtle as you can get but certianlly more subtle than a porsche sticker

Sorry quality isn't brilliant
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html