new shaped s3 front brakes on 8l

dusty

Reaction score
hi everyone, i would like to upgrade my front brakes at sometime in the future, but i would like them to look oem, has anyone fitted the 345mm front brakes from the new s3 to there 8l s3, would i just need some adaptors for the calipers, or is there more to it, thanks

I imagine you'd have to get the adapters cuatom made.
You'd need brake lines aswell.
They are still only a sliding one piston caliper design you know, there are better upgrades available. But if uou can get them cheap enough, i really like the idea!

The discs will also be wrong PCD ie 5x112 rather than your 5x100.
Re drilling them isnt the problem ... its knowing if the throw of the disc ( from the face the wheel bolts to to the front face of the disc ) is the same or would that need working into the adapters as well.
As said... there are much easier upgrades out there

thanks for the replies lads, sounds like it could be quite a tricky job and probably expensive i just liked the idea of them looking oem, i think i will have to look into alternative brake upgrades and then get them powder coated black and maybe get some subtle audi or s3 stickers for them

This is what you could do not as subtle as you can get but certianlly more subtle than a porsche sticker :)

DSC00565.jpg

Old996calipers.jpg

Sorry quality isn't brilliant