wing mirror?

MickA3

Reaction score
A little while back i parked on a tight street and popped my drivers door mirror back so nobody would give it a whack going by- when i came back out to the car i pushed it back out again but it kind of spring back quite quickly and it seems something is now loose or disconnected as the mirror glass although still attached isn't moving with the electric mirror control (which i can hear working)- how do i get in at the back of the mirror glass to sort this?? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks- i looked at that just there- i suppose my real question now is how does the motor part attach to the mirror as i'm guessing the mirror is fully attached....I can move the mirror up and down but not left and right?
Also, how do you reattach the mirror glass after?
Anyone?

The glass is held to the motor + mechanism by 4 crude clips.

To remove the glass push it in any direction so you can get a finger behind it then pull... You can take the mirror cover off by removing 2 screws in the black plastic strip underneath, but the audi techs use the pull method.

You should then unclip the power for the mirror heating and hopefully the problem will be evident.

"4 crude clips"

Are they ones that tell you to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off when you try to remove/replace them??