After having to get recovered two weeks ago because of a waterpump, which the impeller thankfully didn't break, I changed the cambelt and waterpump.
Put it in the for MOT with Audi and failed on wipers (worked ok I thought, apparently not...) and a broken rear spring.
There was a bottle of coolant which was heavy enough to stand up under it's own weight and was sealed up. When I picked the car up someone had left the bottle undone on the seat, with half of the contents now in my passenger seat.
Friday I fitted a full set of coilovers (which I paid £50 over the odds for because I needed them), thinking that's fine I'll get the MOT retested tomorrow morning and now have a leaking rear brake pipe giving me absolutely no brakes at all.
On top of that my laptop with VAG-COM has died, and the car whilst idling goes from about 800 up to 900rpm for a moment every few seconds.
So irritating, but I'm sure that someone must have a more unreliable 8L from the stories on here. I realise that some are over a decade old but it's so frustrating to fix one thing and have more problems!