Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

HELP! Drive Shaft seized into hub

I am in progress of changing both my CV boots and have successfully completed the passenger’s side a couple of day ago. Yesterday evening i made a start on the drives side all was going well and everything was freed apart from the shaft from the hub. i am running out of ideas of what to do next, i have hit it with a punch, made a diy hub puller and have even had it in soak in WD-40 overnight but still it wont budge (the other side can out with the slighest tap). Im just in processes of getting a blowtorch to try the heat tick and just anticipating this wont work dont know what else i can try? Any help would be greatly appreciated as dont want to let it win!!

It has the apy engine and the shaft is held by the 30mm nut so has the protruding thread throught the hub

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Last time my cv boot had to be replaced, the mechanic had to hit the driveshaft so hard to get it out, he ended up having to replace the whole CV joint. These buggers will get seized in, and get seized in hard.
    A3 PD130 TDI Quattro - the discerning mans choice
    (or as I like to think of it the rarer more exclusive S3 derv edition)

MUSH Developments Ltd.

Status
    Same here im afraid, tried everything and in the end the tip of the CV was knackered so i replaced the CV.
    Audi S3 1.9 GT30....

....that is all

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for your replys! im going to take the hub off the car and give it a good pounding or take it to somewhere with something heavy duty to remove it! i have been surfing the net for a new shaft as it is rough condition compared to the n/s but my part number has rubber away after 0J1 so think it will also be a call to audi too. Am also pondering just replacing the cv but will access it one i finally get it removed.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Be careful with blowtorches and wd40,,,,My mate nearly had is car in flames doing that, its a good job he was desperate for the loo at the same time....

Chugger

Status
    Just put the nut on it and smack the hell out of it, at least the nut will protect the thread. I can't see how one could get that stuck? But yeah, next call would be the blowtorch
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Neutral

Status
    Just an update to say that the pair have been separated, the blow torch had no effect so removed the hub and took to my local garage who press it out, taking some pressure! Thanks for your help it made me persist with it and win in the end! cheers