Passenger window won't go up - 1.8T

663KAY

Reaction score
tried searching for this topic if 'twas covered before but can't find useful info.
My passenger window goes down fine but if u try to close it, it goes up then comes down again. Pretty sure it's not the motor but maybe some obstruction. I can manage to close the window by helping it along manually...please advise...
thanks

Theres something obstructing it like you say...nothing you can do other than give the runners a good clean out

Rich

It could be out of adjustment, and its trying to go up too far, thus thinking it has an obstruction and then lowering for safety. There is a sequence where you can set this up (combination of opening/closing the window with the button held down). Have a search and you'l find it.

Hope this helps
Rich.

I'll give it a go and see what it could be....thanks...

Oh yes, I have another problem...there's some sort of air hose that broke open this weekend. It's located just below the smaller dipstick cover and makes a hissing noise as well as affecting the idling...anyone know what this hose is called...and what are the effects of driving without having fixed it?!
thanks again..