Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Help Needed - Cant Full Throttle !!

Hi Guys,
    Have an issue, its a S3 210 mapped to 240 by the way.
    The car seems fine driving normally, however when I put my foot down, the car pauses under full acceleration and wont rev higher than 3-4k. I then have to lift my right foot slightly to release the pressure for the car to start moving again.
    It almost feels like the cars faster when I press the gas about 20% than putting my foot down all the way. The whooshing noise that comes from what I always thought was the aftermarket intake is loudest when the car stops accelerating around 3-4k.
    All of this starts in 3rd gear, and gets more apparent in 4th,5th, and especially 6th.
    Sorry to go on, but would anybody know what causing this, and what I have to do to get it sorted,
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    You need to get it VAGCOM'd mate, my initial thoughts are a faulty MAF sensor, but with the age of these cars, it could be a number of things like a vacuum leak or faulty DV, they are all linked!

Try disconnecting the MAF sensor - it's the plug right after the airbox - and have a drive to see if it make any difference, it will be down on power, but hopefully will rev smoothly through the rev range.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Reverse Gear

Status
    ok nice one mate, il do that now and let you know what happens,

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Boost leak maybe?

Chugger

Status
    Check throttle body is clean and aligned with vagcom
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You need to get it VAGCOM'd mate, my initial thoughts are a faulty MAF sensor, but with the age of these cars, it could be a number of things like a vacuum leak or faulty DV, they are all linked!

Try disconnecting the MAF sensor - it's the plug right after the airbox - and have a drive to see if it make any difference, it will be down on power, but hopefully will rev smoothly through the rev range.

Hi mate, got some free time today so disconnected the MAF, and the problems gone!!
    However it does feel more powerful than before, does that mean i need to get myself a new MAF..

(Thanks for your help by the way, its been driving me crazy for the last 6 months).

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Yup. Make sure its a genuine bosch maf aswell.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

3rd Gear

Status
    GSF or Euro car parts do them on an exchange basis ~£60 with your old Maf if I remember.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    Driving a 2004 B6 Audi S4 - Stage 2

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Sounds more like a boost leak to me? (Wooshing noise etc...)

Pressure test it before spending money on a MAF.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    When you have the bonnet up, can you hear any hissing, or have you done a check for any visual splits or leaks of piping?

It does sound like the MAF is the issue, but it could be one of many things...

Did you get the car on VAGCOM?

Reverse Gear

Status
    No hissing, and looked all over for splits in the pipes, not found anything yet,

not had a chance to VAG it, but iv been driving around without the maf plugged in lol

is it normal for it to feel alot more powerful without it plugged in??
    or have i been deprived of all the power all along.

2nd Gear

Status
    Well the power loss could point to the Maf. I increased by 20g/s with a new Maf. Needs a scan though. Take note of the codes, clear them, take it for a drive. See what it brings up. Note that you will have one from unplugging the Maf anyway
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

Reverse Gear

Status
    alright lads,i seem to be having probs ov this type as well!! 1st 2nd and 3rd gear the car pulls like a train and if i keep on the throttle it keeps going but when in higher gears at low revs when the boost comes in it seems to hesitate like real bad turbo lag and surges b4 it comes on song?also seems to be making a lot more noise on boost...makes me think split boost pipe or vacuum off somewhere but it boosts to well when it pulls through it?? any ideas or any1 had this problem b4? cheers
    bez