17963/P1555 - Boost Pressure Control: Upper Limit Exceeded :(

Dubstep

Reaction score
I went for a spin today, came to the dual carriage way went to floor it, boosted up into 4th then bam! the turbo went limp me. so i pulled over and got the lappy out and did a roadside diagnostic and got this fault: 17963/P1555 - Boost Pressure Control: Upper Limit Exceeded. so i wiped it and carried on. 5 mins later it did it again, it seems to only do it under heavy load. Once home i checked all the hoses for any leaks ect ect but it all seems to be fine. The only thing i can think is that the N75 might be dodgy. My friend who is also an S3 owner said his did this when he adjusted his actuator out too much and let off too much boost. So im left thinking; new N75 or adjust my actuator?

i had a similar problem with mine mate, scanned it and mine said charge pressure maximum limit exceeded turned out to be the n75, sweet as a nut now pal, borrow your mates n75 for 5mins if its fine with his then u know its that then buddy

Where did u get ur new N75 from? and how much? im a bit cautious about buying things like that off Egay.

i got mine from a guy off here mate i paid £25. think there about 30-40 quid anywhere else, id suggest using ya mates first tho that way if its still the same with his n75 on then its not money wasted 2 minuite job. up to you buddy but it does sound n75 related to me

Another thing too look as as i found out is if its been fitted with an aftermarket waste gate actuator.

Mine came with a forge one & had the same prob. This turned out to be the actuator diaphram...

i got the same code is it worth uprating the n75 if it can be uprated

Nope... no such thing as an uprated N75... in fact changing the N75 to another version is more likely to promote this code than fix it... if the N75 is faulty then change it for the same part number...

Here is the link to its description..
17963/P1555/005461 - Ross-Tech Wiki

<tuffty/>