Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Brembo 6 POT upgrade help

Hi guys im hopefuly putting a set of 6 pot brembos on the S3 the ones that you find on the Q7 i need abit of advise ive found the brackets to mount them and it says to use R32 334mm disc's is this rite? also do i use the original Q7 pads? plus do i need new hose's to the calipers help on this would be much appriciated thanks guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

DTM

Status
    Are they 17ZL/Rs or 18ZL/Rs? Yes you will need hoses. Pad choice is very limited.
    2005 DTM|Quattro|Phantom black|HTA3076 turbo|Pag Parts turbo manifold|INA Engineering custom 8 injector manifold|Custom Garrett 900hp intercooler|Mahle Motorsport 83mm forged pistons|IE Tuscan forged rods|Autotech HPFP|Tial wastegate|S3 Injectors|3" Downpipe and full stainless exhaust|Stage 3 Southbend clutch|AP Coilovers|Ultra Race strut brace|H & R ARBs|Forge 6 pot calipers|Bi Xenons|Multifunction steering wheel|Memory seat|Cruise control|Power fold mirrors|Black 19" Cades Berns|235/35 Toyos

6th Gear

Status
    Im also looking at the porsche set up but was looking at the boxster s 4 pots? Also using the r32 discs... I will make the brakets ( basicaly same as brembo gt jnr ones with more meet on top) hoses... best bet is take the hose off car along with caliper to a hose company to make the correct hose to length for you.

Will the pedal feel not be rubbish with the 6 pots? i was told to avoid them
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Neutral

Status
    They are the 18zl/r's im honestly not sure to be fair lizard are you running 6 pots on yours??

DTM

Status
    Yes I run 17zl/rs which have even bigger pistons than the 18zl/rs. There is alot of pedal travel with the 6 pots for sure and I know its not to everyones tastes but I have to apply such little pedal pressure to stop it suits me fine. It takes a bit of getting used to as the pedal doesnt feel firm as it normally would.
    Last edited by Lizard-Racing; 15th July 2011 at 20:12.
    2005 DTM|Quattro|Phantom black|HTA3076 turbo|Pag Parts turbo manifold|INA Engineering custom 8 injector manifold|Custom Garrett 900hp intercooler|Mahle Motorsport 83mm forged pistons|IE Tuscan forged rods|Autotech HPFP|Tial wastegate|S3 Injectors|3" Downpipe and full stainless exhaust|Stage 3 Southbend clutch|AP Coilovers|Ultra Race strut brace|H & R ARBs|Forge 6 pot calipers|Bi Xenons|Multifunction steering wheel|Memory seat|Cruise control|Power fold mirrors|Black 19" Cades Berns|235/35 Toyos

Neutral

Status
    so i would have a slightly better pedal than the 17's because the pistons are smaller? what pads are you running and can i run the Q7 disc's or do i have to use the R32 disc's?

Also what hose's do i need to get??
    Last edited by S3_nick; 17th July 2011 at 14:41.