AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1st Gear

Status

Shell V Power Club

Does anyone collect points with this?

What are the benefits like? I probably roughly fill up about 240 litres a month of petrol I was wondering what benefits I would get....
    S3-2003-BAM-MING BLUE-SILVER LEATHER

2. # ADS
    ADS

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Yep I'm in use it when I fill up the co car too for extra points. They used to give vouchers of your choice now I only get a redeemable fuel voucher. But I ain't complaining.
    Last edited by damo.h; 13th July 2011 at 17:06. Reason: can't spell

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I'm a memeber, and I only EVER use shell V power.

I spend about £400 per month on fuel, so around 250-280 litres. I tend to get back between £14-18 every 3 months in vouchers, so I think it's worth doing.

I'd be using shell anyway because it's the best, but £60 a year back is definitely worth it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

2nd Gear

Status
    ive been doing this for ages. Cant remember getting anything so might need to chase them up about it
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's

1st Gear

Status
    Well I use V power now but they have given me a standard card I've just seen on the website there is a V power club card, so I will need to ask for that...

I suppose its money for nothing and decent petrol!!

5th Gear

Status
    If you fill up that much it might be worth it!,i spend about £300 a month always swipe card!,had it 3 years only got 400 points or something if i get another 150 points i get £5 of stuff that!,not worth pissing around with i don't think!

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

1st Gear

Status
    250 litres = 500 points = £2.50

5th Gear

Status
    Not quite as bad as i made it then!,just have done it for so long and still have'nt got to a point for a voucher!,its good if you can use it when filling up work company car ect suppose!

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

1st Gear

Status
    If your going to use V power anyway.... what's there to lose?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by liquids3 View Post
    Not quite as bad as i made it then!,just have done it for so long and still have'nt got to a point for a voucher!,its good if you can use it when filling up work company car ect suppose!
    Company Car I wish

5th Gear

Status
    Ok will admit have forgoten to swipe card a few times and sometimes the cashier can't get the card to work praps thats why i feel like its a waste of time for that amount of fuel back!.

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3MMA View Post
    Company Car I wish
    Ive got a caddy van for work but thats texaco fuel only!

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

Reverse Gear

Status
    i thought the main benefits of this card was the air miles? and you get double airmiles when you have have the v power card, but you have to fill up with x amount for 3-6 months on the normal card then they automatically send you the v power card

5th Gear

Status
    You do have a choice fuel or airmiles ect, but with how much you get back the plane would cut out lol

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

1st Gear

Status
    I only Like Shell Fuel, V power all the way!
    A3 S Line 2.0 TDI Sportback - DSG
    BOSE, cruise control, bi-xenons, MFSW, Heated seats, paddle shifts, ipod connection

19" Speedlines | Reverse camera | Eibach Sportline Springs | MY09 LED Tails | Eibach Spacers Front 10MM Rear 12MM | Pioneer HU | Private Plate | Tints | LED numberplate | Interior Light Kit

3rd Gear

Status
    I am currently using the standard card, although I am expecting a V-Power card soon as that's all I use.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

2nd Gear

Status
    I use it and get the free fuel vouchers. Normally get around £30-£50 every quarter. Think I may change to air miles soon tho.
    '02 Audi S3 - 270bhp / 283lb ft - SOLD
    '08 BMW 135i - 306bhp / 295lb ft
    '12 VW Golf GTD 170 - 168bhp / 258lb ft

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    used v power for a bit didnt get anything after using the stuff for over a year so went with tesco and get points that way 0.5points for every £ spent on fuel

colicabcadam
    if you a using 250 lites petrol a month - i suggest you get a 1.4 tdi as a run around!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Syvo View Post
    used v power for a bit didnt get anything after using the stuff for over a year so went with tesco and get points that way 0.5points for every £ spent on fuel
    I put Tesco fuel in and the car went into Limp mode

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by colicabcadam View Post
    if you a using 250 lites petrol a month - i suggest you get a 1.4 tdi as a run around!!

I am used to spending a lot on petrol it would be no fun driving a 1.4, I look forward to the drive home when I am work

Neutral

Status
    Originally Posted by Syvo
    I put Tesco fuel in and the car went into Limp mode
    Was it the new Tesco high octane fuel? I found it better than the shell and bp equivalents. It's 99% octane vs shells 97% and i've found the performance to be as good and the economy to be better. On top of this Tesco clubcard gives better rewards than shell and if you shop do your food there you can get 5p off a litre so it works out more like the price of regular fuel.

I think when i filled up in there last it cost £77 as opposed to around £82 ish in other petrol stations. Having said that, prices have dipped slightly in general recently so that would have been part of the reason as well.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Well I use V power now but they have given me a standard card I've just seen on the website there is a V power club card, so I will need to ask for that...

I suppose its money for nothing and decent petrol!!
    Just got this frm the Shell website...
    Customers who buy at least 150 litres of Shell V-Power or Shell V-Power Diesel per calendar quarter should be invited to join in the following quarter. We will send you a new card if you qualify.

Neutral

Status

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    i do use the tesco mometum as the vpower stuff i found gave me less mpg and less power than normal shell fuel.

the thorney thread as above bare in mind thorney are sponsered by tesco although i have seen a few race teams change to the tesco fuel so must be doing something right compaired to shell v power

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by timski s3 View Post
    Was it the new Tesco high octane fuel? I found it better than the shell and bp equivalents. It's 99% octane vs shells 97% and i've found the performance to be as good and the economy to be better. On top of this Tesco clubcard gives better rewards than shell and if you shop do your food there you can get 5p off a litre so it works out more like the price of regular fuel.

I think when i filled up in there last it cost £77 as opposed to around £82 ish in other petrol stations. Having said that, prices have dipped slightly in general recently so that would have been part of the reason as well.
    No just Tesco standard unleaded

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    I use Tesco 99.

The Shell round this way typically charges a good 5p a litre more than Tesco, infact its often cheaper buying 99 at tesco than standard unleaded at Shell.

Even if it were the same price, the Tesco fuel is still better value, as you get healthy clubcard points which actually translate into real money, and they often do 5p a litre off vouchers with your shopping too. Last tankfull we actually got 10p a litre off, its been a long time since i paid £1.25 a litre for super unleaded!! Plus i'm at tesco every week shopping anyway, and i'd rather just fill up while i'm there, than having to drive several miles in the wrong direction to get to the shell station.

S3MMA: i suspect the limp mode on tesco 95 with nothing more than conincidental. While the cars are mapped for 97 or 98 octane fuel, they will happily run on 95, but wont produce the same power.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

colicabcadam
    tesco fuel - didn't their fuel ****er everyone's engine up not too long ago? lol

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Shell V Power is 99 octane too, the same as Tescos, they did a big drive about it recently.

Also if you have a normal card, if you fill up a certain amount of V Power over a few months, they will send out a new V Power card.

I have one and have had for a few years now, I use alot of fuel in both our cars and is defo worthwhile as I get about £15-20 money off vouchers per quarter, so realistically, it makes the extra I pay for V Power as opposed to normal that little more affordable.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 AUO View Post
    If your going to use V power anyway.... what's there to lose?
    THIS! My bro puts V-Power diesel in his Vivaro work van twice a week, he gets roughly £30 vouchers every quarter to fill up his VXR the little ****!

AjM
    Living in Blissful Ignorance

Status
    The card is very worth it, it is hardly hard work to hard over a card when paying, so to say its a hassle etc is a bit silly? I got nothing for for a couple of months or so and thought it did not work then all of a sudden started getting vouchers through the post. it is great as you get the vouchers with the V-Power card even if you fill up with normal fuel!
    As for Tesco fuel I would not use it or any supermarket fuel if it was free.... A short internet search will explain all, re ingredients compared to Shell, BP etc.

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    I can get Tesco 99 for ~10p a litre cheaper than V Power.

No discussion - 10p a litre cheaper wins. End of.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AjM View Post
    The card is very worth it, it is hardly hard work to hard over a card when paying, so to say its a hassle etc is a bit silly? I got nothing for for a couple of months or so and thought it did not work then all of a sudden started getting vouchers through the post. it is great as you get the vouchers with the V-Power card even if you fill up with normal fuel!
    As for Tesco fuel I would not use it or any supermarket fuel if it was free.... A short internet search will explain all, re ingredients compared to Shell, BP etc.
    A short internet quote actually showed me that BP supply Sainsburys with fuel....

Sainsbury's Fuel - Company Information - PetrolPrices.com

Come to this of it I have actually seen a white tanker with a little BP logo on the side of the lorry cab in my local Sainsburys re-fuelling the station.

5th Gear

Status
    I agree Welly and it's not that bad a fuel considering it's 99 RON!

AjM
    Living in Blissful Ignorance

Status
    Without going technical my best mate works for BP and it is all to do with additives in the fuel. It is no secret that some of the big companies like BP supply fuel to the supermarkets (they have to get it from somewhere) but is the fuel that is supplied that is different, rather than the supplier. Also I use Shell who I am led to believe only supply Shell. With the card and vouchers back my local garage sells V-Power Un for 1p less than Sainsburys normal Un.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I can get Tesco 99 for ~10p a litre cheaper than V Power.

No discussion - 10p a litre cheaper wins. End of.
    If you fill up with V power you get about an extra 60 miles, its proven more MPG

5th Gear

Status
    Tesco seem to be very serious in proving their Momentum99 MPG results to: MOMENTUM99 - Tesco.com

(I don't work for Tesco by the way!)

5th Gear

Status
    If you fill up with V power you get about an extra 60 miles, its proven more MPG
    I wish i did hehe. I only use Vpower in the S3 but also fill the company van up with Shell fuel be it Vpower if it isnt to pricey where ever i am and then use all the vouchers to fill the S3 up hehe
    Ive been Badger 5'd

Can we break the magic 300?????? In a word Yes 314 BHP 249 lbft at Badger 5

Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    steves is way quicker than any stock turbo'd s3 i have driven
    I only date skinny Women! They keep my power to weight higher...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Steve View Post
    I wish i did hehe. I only use Vpower in the S3 but also fill the company van up with Shell fuel be it Vpower if it isnt to pricey where ever i am and then use all the vouchers to fill the S3 up hehe

If i fill up with regular my ECU says 320 miles, if with V power is says 380 miles and I normally get 320ish miles out off a full tank off V power, if normal I would be luck to get 260 miles

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Theres no way I get 60 miles extra from a tank of V-power, not a snowballs chance in Hell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast