S3 - After run water pump

harps21k

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick question does the after run water pump come on always when the ignition if turn to point 2... Or does it come on when the car has reached a temp reading?

I know it meant to stay on for a couple of mintues when the car is turned off, is this only happen when a particular temp threshold is hit?

As I have noticed it not coming on recently and the air-con is working fine.. Also fans are ok too...

Any idea's or help will be appreciated...

Harps

Ya it always comes on when you turn on the ignition, regardless of temp. Since the fans and aircon are fine its probably the pump itself and not the fuse. First try tap it with a hammer to see if it comes back to life. Otherwise try one of these VAUXHALL OMEGA 12V BOSCH IN LINE AUXILLARY WATER PUMP | eBay UK

Long link I know....anyway I fitted one of these (as mine had also died) and now its spot on:thumbsup:

Thanks mate.. Do you know how much audi original cost? Also how big of a job it is to change it?

I guess the coolant will be drained, anyway of stop this?

Dave/TalentWalse, where is the after run pump located... Might aswel give it a bang with a hammer today....

If not will get the bosch one next weekend... Is it ok to drive the car with a faulty after run pump?

its at the front of the car slghtly left and bolted to the radiator shroud, you cant miss it, its ok to run without as long as you dont cane it at the end of your journey..

Thanks Guys for helping me out... Will get the pump replace next week...

Thanks mate.. Do you know how much audi original cost? Also how big of a job it is to change it?

I guess the coolant will be drained, anyway of stop this?

Audi wanted 130 euro off me the robbing scum. You dont need to drain the coolant, just open the lid on the expansion tank. I clamped a vice grip gently around the pipe coming from the tank side just to be sure. Its really simple to change also, 10min job.

Audi wanted 130 euro off me the robbing scum. You dont need to drain the coolant, just open the lid on the expansion tank. I clamped a vice grip gently around the pipe coming from the tank side just to be sure. Its really simple to change also, 10min job.

Thanks TalentWalse... It help having not to drain the system...