Daily Issues with s3's.....Anyone else?

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi all.
So, Today i decide to change over my sump pipe, clean out any crap in there etc.
Job goes supprisingly smoothe (took 1.5hours)

Also refit my rear number plate .... To which i find a nice big rust bubble underneath the old sticky.

Then as im driving out the workshop i hear a nice whine whenever i depress the clutch pedal..
..Yay Release bearings gone... ( i think)

Anyone else find new problems daily with their s3's?

On a brigher note, i found my missfire/ stutter.. Two coilpacks had lifted up.. So i may invest in some of those holders after Audi renew them for me :D

Ecs coilpack holders? I wanted some, but 50 quid?! Gonna try and make some from steel.

I havnt found anything broken recently, but our cars are gettin on a bit, so it is expected really

The S3 is the most finicky car i have ever owned, here is a list of just some of the daily problems I have

Poor starting when hot
Poor idling sometimes
Hesitation at 1500 RPM
Headlight alignment and broken/ moving reflector
Oil leak under vvti
Rear right wheel locking up when turning right occasionally
Clunking gears
Overrevving between gears
DIS pixels dead
Speakers crackling

The list goes on and on. The worst thing is Ive tried to fix a lot of the above issues without doing anything too drastic (i.e diff change etc) but they still presists to **** me off on a daily basis

Im sure this site doesnt help either, I find myself looking for faults after someone else has had them.
Like the sump pick up.. Mine wasnt too bad [Glad i changed it now] but it probly would have lasted a long time how it was.

I also have the VVT oil leak :(

Ecs coilpack holders? I wanted some, but 50 quid?! Gonna try and make some from steel.

I havnt found anything broken recently, but our cars are gettin on a bit, so it is expected really

Yeah, £50's still a fair whack for some bent meatl with holes in .

Ya its the half moon, I have it bought but im debating about getting another rocker cover seal also as I replaced that about 1k ago thinking that it was the cause of the leak.