Gurrr @ Vindis Audi!!!

bioharry

Reaction score
Had my car booked in for some warranty work as listed below:-

(Bit long but please read as i desperately need the advise)

Passenger(?) side xenon light dropping – If the motors are replaced please could the lights be set to max MOT’able.

Coil packs – advised they have a recall

Door closure sensor (Drivers door)- DIS not recognising the door has closed so you have to slam it very hard for it to be sensed as closed (intermittent).

Squeaky driver and passenger seat – If you sit in the seat and move left / right against the bolsters you should hear them squeaking.

Blowing sound from engine at 2000rpm when accelerating and when stationary revving the engine in neutral.
___

I get a call saying the lights are fine and line up ok (yes I’m sure they do when the car has just reset them!) I had also explained the light dips and one does not come back up again but it is intermittent. So problem 1 not sorted! When i picked the car up The technician said he needed to see this happening and Audi UK would not issue payment if we have not seen the problem and can say definitely where the fault lies. He also said under investigation if it is found to be the wiring at fault I would have to pay all the labour costs!!! I thought the warranty covers wiring? I really don’t fancy 3 days worth of Audi labour! (what’s also annoying is he said we had an S4 in with the same problem and found it to be the motors, wouldn’t common sense prevail and try replacing mine!)

Coil packs - Fair enough they said the numbers done match a bad batch.

Door closure sensor - Found to be at fault and a part will have to be ordered. (from what has already been said i think they may try to get out of something on this)

Squeaking driver and passenger seat. They said that the whole seat would need replacing and that the seat would never go together as well as it is now (The leather would stretch) then I asked if that was necessary and could they not just put some lube on the runners / joints. He said this would not be covered by warranty and have to be paid for by me.

He said the 2000 rpm noise is quite normal. Is this correct?

All in all Audi have done a very good job at /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off. Couldn’t have done better if they had tried!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Did they happen to put one of those nasty Vindis stickers on your bootlid aswell for advertising aswell? They don't get much positive feedback, better stay clear then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

My car came from Vindis, fortunatly I've not had any issues during my ownership, don't know if that was the case for the previous owner. But one things sure I'm not using Audi for servicing or and mechnical repairs, I have no ties in's as my warranty has run out. Let's face it, Audi technicians are trained up to an acceptable level but they have to work to a set workload so can't spend as much time as you would like and 9/10 what they would like to. Any decent mecanic would work for himself or at an independant where he/she will get more money and respect.

Just take it to another dealership and see if you get more joy! It doesn't have to be the supplying dealer.

[ QUOTE ]
Had my car booked in for some warranty work as listed below:-

Squeaky driver and passenger seat – If you sit in the seat and move left / right against the bolsters you should hear them squeaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had Passenger seat squeaking on mine too, took listers 1 year to sort problem, numerous calls to audi UK and listers, finally car was in for 2 days got it back yesterday and BLOOODY HEELL i think they've sorted it, about time too!!!

Its annoying when u have a fault especially when spending 20K ish on a car, even my old 306 didnt sqeak and thats saying something.

Was this Vindis Cambridge, or Vindis Huntingdon (or any other one)?
I take my car to be serviced at Vindis Huntingdon you see. They seem ok, but then I've not had any problems for them to investigate as yet.

Mine went in for service at Vindis Cambrudge a while back.

One of the advisories was....
Undertray screws loose..... They took the time to look around the bottom of the car.. How much effort is needed to pick up a screw driver and tighten them. Lazy B******S!.

I personally would ring up audi uk or try another branch, and see whats covered/not covered.

IMO, a lot of what you say is covered.

Ref the Xenon light dipping this is a common fault with the S3 (ask anyone on here) it is to do with the motors and Audi UK "will pay for it" as they issued a Tech letter to all dealers stating a defect in the motors and as it is a legality in the UK for these to be working they should be changed. Ask to speak to the service manager and tell him to contact Audi UK (as I did with mine) and ask for the tech letter that was issued. I said that both mine were doing it intermittently and they changed both under warranty without needing to see it happening after they were sent the tech letter (Sinclair Swansea) If they still will not do it complain to Audi UK and mention the legality bit and how you could cause an accident as they point up as often as they point down if no joy go to another dealer.

I have not had this issue since the motors were changed.

My drivers door is doing the same and will be sorted at my next service as it is intermittent.

The engine is noisy and the exhaust is a bit on the "agricultural" side when cold and/or wet so nowt to worry about there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As for the seat, try some wd40 on the working parts