DEAD TURBO - GOOD GARAGES IN GLASGOW AREA

Andy Quattro

Reaction score
So my turbo has gone or is almost gone after 4 months ownership of my pride and joy.
I am still tempted to just sell it as 'S3 FOR SALE requires new turbo' but I haven't had long enough to enjoy it properly so decided to fork out to get it back to full health.

So, I took her to Glasgow Audi after noticing the car smoking when warm ideling. And they have diagnosed that i need a new turbo and a new Oil feed pipe.
They quoted me £1500 all-in.
I cannot afford this sort of money and frankly I don't think it's worth it.

I am looking for a safe and reputable garage to use in the Glasgow or central belt area for the repair work.

Please do not post the name of a place if it's your mates - I need a reliable place that has had good feedback from members on here.

I have had a quote from VW Audi repair centre in Clydebank who seem to get good reports
They quoted £650 inc VAT.

If anyone can help, please, please, get in touch. I am an S3 owner in distress.
I'm still tempted to sell it including the recon turbo if I can't get cheaper than the above quote.

Cheers,
Andy

2001 S3 (AMK)
S3 APO

kenny brown ran a audi 80 sport rally car for chris wagner, then later ran a S2 for him in the scottish rally championship, he used to service and repair a couple of 22B subaru imprezzas aswell, ive not seen him in a few years, iirc his lad is now doing the scottish rally championship aswell.

Kenneth Brown Motor Engineering Ltd

voice(0141) 882 6757

Fax: (0141) 570 4014
Block 108, Hepburn Road, Glasgow, G52 4RT

this link shows chris' old car the 4 door one Audi 90 Quattros - Club GTI

i very much doubt kenny has a website, its not really his kind of thing, old skool and word of mouth fits better.

kenny brown ran a audi 80 sport rally car for chris wagner, then later ran a S2 for him in the scottish rally championship, he used to service and repair a couple of 22B subaru imprezzas aswell, ive not seen him in a few years, iirc his lad is now doing the scottish rally championship aswell.

Kenneth Brown Motor Engineering Ltd

voice(0141) 882 6757

Fax: (0141) 570 4014
Block 108, Hepburn Road, Glasgow, G52 4RT

this link shows chris' old car the 4 door one Audi 90 Quattros - Club GTI

i very much doubt kenny has a website, its not really his kind of thing, old skool and word of mouth fits better.

Cheers Bazil,

Aye, I managed to find out who he was eventually. Alot of good things said in various forums...And he has quoted a very reasonable price too.
Hoping to get it booked in this week.
Fingers crossed.

Cheers for heads up folks!!

AQ