Volks AutosChris Nott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nogaro S3

Status

Dannyh's Modding thread!!!

Well, a friend of mine is is getting a 1.8T like mine however his has alredy been remaped and lowerd, 007p, alloys, arb ect.....

So it has given my a friendly swift cick up the A**e

I want a thread to keep all of my progress and questions in one place so i dont need to post multiple threads.

My car is a Ming Blue 1.8T AGU FWD

I Sold this

Bought this

Fitted this (Custom Longlife cat back - non res)

And this

Bought these

Painted them this colour

But now decided they need at least two tyres.

So you now up to speed, not much has happened in the last year, however the car has been bril and never let me down once!!

I have a little list of things to do and i hope you can add more to the list to motivate and keep me busy lol

to do:
    Remap stage 1
    Forge 007p
    Air filter/Cone filter
    Smooth airbox
    Clean injectors
    Oil catch can
    N249 bypass
    Boost Gage
    Tyres for S3 wheels

So I have about £100 to spend this month and possibly the same next month, what should i do first

also have i missed anything from the list?? poverty mods are perfered lol

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    you could get air filter and 007p for £100 if u get a secondhand one off ebay ull have change for a boost gauge too

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Suck.Squeeze.Bang.Blow

Status
    Looks spot on that does mate! Love the Ming Blue's and like what you've done with the Turbo badge on the grill!

I reckon you should add a few vinyl's to the list! The "Awesome" Boost gets you laid vinyl looks pretty good ;]

Haha you know who it is pal...

But keep it hush hush! :P

Oh and I think another decent clean, polish and detail is in order at some point soon!

Peace!

Nogaro S3

Status
    I am thinking 007p and filter too, posibly change for the N249 bypass and if "Dibdub1" wants we can go in for a ultrasonic cleaner for the injectors.

Hompfully Awesome have deals on for remaps at there summer bash

2nd Gear

Status
    Thats the same wheels and colour I want for my A3!! Nice choice.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    you could get air filter and 007p for £100 if u get a secondhand one off ebay ull have change for a boost gauge too
    Parts & Accessories : Jetex Cone Filter 1.8t
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Missing the S3

Status
    save your money this month and next month buy the tyres for the S3 alloys and get um on

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1chopper View Post
    save your money this month and next month buy the tyres for the S3 alloys and get um on
    +1 It's all about getting the alloys on before the end of summer!

Nogaro S3

Status
    yes but not a map, while the roads are(should) be dry in summer is it not worth a map because the roads will be wet/icy in winter and a map will be pointless as the car will spin up standard.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyh View Post
    yes but not a map, while the roads are(should) be dry in summer is it not worth a map because the roads will be wet/icy in winter and a map will be pointless as the car will spin up standard.
    ...and how will you manage next winter when you finally get your remap for next summer? LOL

Get a remap on there, you don't have to drive like a hooligan... you still have the control of your right foot ;P

...unless your name is Welly of course

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Nogaro S3

Status
    Called the guy with the filter no response,
    Is this the filter I need? https://www.jetex.co.uk/jetex/store/...productId=6711
    Also do I need a reducer pipe to fit it and can someone post a link as to where to buy one please

Nogaro S3

Status
    can anyone help with the above what diamiter is an uprated TIP as i eventually want to get one and dont want to end up buying two filers

Status
    That above Jetex filter is the one that fits straight onto the S3 MAF but I'm not sure if the A3 MAF is a different size or not. If it's the same size then you wont need any reducers, it just bolts on.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Nogaro S3

Status
    ok, do you know what size uprated TIP's are and also where is best to buy reducers??

Status
    ok, do you know what size uprated TIP's are and also where is best to buy reducers??
    The uprated Silicone TIPs will fit straight onto the MAF if you get one for your engine code. Sorry i'm not being much help lol but you shouldn't need any reducers.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by W3STY View Post
    That above Jetex filter is the one that fits straight onto the S3 MAF but I'm not sure if the A3 MAF is a different size or not. If it's the same size then you wont need any reducers, it just bolts on.
    the a3 MAF is 70mm iirc S3 is 80mm. Thats why a3's need a reducer from the big s3 jetex cone

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    the a3 MAF is 70mm iirc S3 is 80mm. Thats why a3's need a reducer from the big s3 jetex cone
    I should really stay out of A3 threads as I dont have a clue lol. Cheers for clearing this up Dave.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Nogaro S3

Status
    Thanks dave,

So would an uprated TIP keep the origonal MAF therefore i might was well get a 70mm cone that fits to the maf and i wont need to change this when i get an uprated TIP

Nogaro S3

Status
    Well things look like they are moving now!!!
    I have a friend who is custom making me an oil catch can so all I need to purchase is some T pieces and corner pieces and some hoses then not this weekend but possibly next I can do the bypass and the oil catch can, I dont really want to do anything else until the catch can is on so that any new parts I replace stay clean.

I am going to buy a Jetex cone filter and I am currently on the look out for a cheap 007p then once on (in two weeks) I think it's remap time lol
    Last edited by dannyh; 7th July 2011 at 08:21.

Suck.Squeeze.Bang.Blow

Status
    Good show!

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Thanks dave,

So would an uprated TIP keep the origonal MAF therefore i might was well get a 70mm cone that fits to the maf and i wont need to change this when i get an uprated TIP
    uprated tip is the same size on the MAF at least it is on my forge one. Reducers are like a tenner and worth it in my opinion so u can get the big jetex cone.

Nogaro S3

Status
    Called R-tech and they strongly advised against getting a cone, they sid it will heat soak like mad and the standard air filter and box is better, he said get a pannel filter as this is much better,
    I am thinking tho that a mapped car will struggle for air in the standard box as it is quite restrictive, with a cone however it is not restricted so threrfore more airflow.
    I also called awsome and they aid they recomed the pannel however there is no difference between the two, it depends if you want the added noise or not

i would like the added noise, and when the car is mooving and cold air is passing under the car and through the grill will there wont be much heat soak i imagine as cool air comes in the hot air is pushed out - would you agree
    Heat soak will only happen while stationary but on the move the cone will deliver more air than that a pannel and sond better.

Status
    My S3 gained 7bhp 2 weeks ago on the roller when I swapped my smoothed standard airbox for a jetex cone filter. And bare in mind that on the rollers you only have a fan blowing air into the engine bay while the car is doing 150mph on the clock!!!

At the end of the day the turbo will heat up the air anyway. Get a cone and then modify a cold air feed to it.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Thats why the carbonio, forge and neuspeed CAI's work as they have the extra air from the cone but the cold from being hidden behind the bumper.

Nogaro S3

Status
    Yea i agree with both of you, i think this heatsoak thing is a fourm "bandwagon" i cant see how there would be any diff swapping a std filter for and uprated one anyway.
    a cone just seems better in every way, just sort an airfeed to it and it shoud be fine,

Wow! W3sty, 7bhp from a cone, thas pretty good considering there was only a fan unlike on the road where you drive into the cood air, i would imagine you would have a higher bhp increse on the road rather than the rollers too

Status
    Yea i agree with both of you, i think this heatsoak thing is a fourm "bandwagon" i cant see how there would be any diff swapping a std filter for and uprated one anyway.
    a cone just seems better in every way, just sort an airfeed to it and it shoud be fine,

Wow! W3sty, 7bhp from a cone, thas pretty good considering there was only a fan unlike on the road where you drive into the cood air, i would imagine you would have a higher bhp increse on the road rather than the rollers too
    Yeah Bill was surprised too as he hadn't got round to doing a cone before and after reading.

The only thing that let me down was my FMIC which was too small and that was heat soaking and charge temps were between 45-50 degrees
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Nogaro S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by W3STY View Post
    Yeah Bill was surprised too as he hadn't got round to doing a cone before and after reading.

The only thing that let me down was my FMIC which was too small and that was heat soaking and charge temps were between 45-50 degrees
    ye there should be proper before and afters done but its quite time consuming and unless you know someone with a RR quite expensive too lol, i am guessing your still running both SMIC's you gonna go FMIC or just uprated sides

Nogaro S3

Status
    just read your thres FMIC it is lol

Status
    just read your thres FMIC it is lol
    lol. I've got a small FMIC which isn't up to the job. I went Revo stage 2 2 weeks ago. Fitting a huge FMIC next week
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Nogaro S3

Status
    anybody tried this
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo JOM Upper Alloy Strut Brace 21015 | eBay

Just thinking of a cheaper alternative to springs & shocks/Coilovers

any improvements to be had from this?? it looks a bargin

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    i dont think you get much benefit from just using a strut brace compaired to shocks or coilovers its more of a addition to the spring and shock or coilover set up, prawn will know more on this

Nogaro S3

Status
    thats what i am thinking, its just a bit of "i should be working but CBA" ebay shopping lol

Nogaro S3

Status
    Right well i am planning a mini service before a remap so just a little advice,
    i am just going to get a normal oil filter, normal oil and some spark plugs, are NKG rated the best, (not looking to spend too much BTW) ?

Suck.Squeeze.Bang.Blow

Status
    Besides all of that mate, with reference back to another thread (see below)

1.8 RED T?

I think both you and I should buy at least 5 of these badges and place them in strategic places under the bonnet - that way we can gain all of the power to eat up Scooby's and Evo's alike! :P

Haha

Nogaro S3

Status
    sounds good mate i will get on ebay now lol,
    i have also seen an A3 with a S3 badge so that will give my car a KO4 for a fraction of the cost too lol

Status
    S3 badge on an A3 =
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Nogaro S3

Status
    ^^ only joking, i took my badges off for arodynamics lol

Nogaro S3

Status
    Well there has been progression!!!

I attended Awesome GTI on sunday and it was a top show, they had discounts on on the day aswell so i was looking out for a remap,

on my car Revo is £240, i have a voucher for Rtech tho so i was going to go there as that would cost £150 but i would use £50 in petrol so i couldnt decide if it was worth the drie to rtech as i live neer manchester and GTI is 20min away.

Anyway my mind was made up for me as Awesome were offering to map my car with Revo for £118.....I couldnt say no. best of all the Revo man was there and did it on the day.

well i havent had a proper country road drive yet but WOW.. so much better i hit 3k and im off, it is insane..
    I still cant stop smiling

so i got to a friends and got myself on ebay and ordered a diverter... this one ..
    UNIVERSAL 25mm BOV TURBO BLOW OFF DUMP VALVE VW AUDI | eBay

yes i know your all goint to tell me it isnt a 007p but how hord would it be for smeone to copy, not very its only a couple of parts and this is a bargin in comparison 007p's are a silly price for what it is anyway.

so ill post a review on how well it performs when it arrives.

I just need to sort somthing for the intake now, i am going to keep an eye out for a Jetex filteter now.

so yea, to sum up im a happy chappy

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    seen the revo people messing with your car m8 yesterday if i known it was yours would have said hello, i was on the other car park next to ya with peak vag

Nogaro S3

Status
    did you go in your car??

ye the revo guy put the posotive and negative too close together and it sparked and melted the terminals on his battery and wiring, i thought my ECU was dead but he sorted it and uploaded the software, afterwards he told me he was touching cloth lol

ye my ca looked good in the middle of the show lol (not bias)

not sure if i saw you S3 or not, ye should have had a ASnet stand or meet up at least seeing as it was a show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast