My New Car

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Having sold my W 2000 Misano Red S3 a couple of years ago I have really missed it and have always kept reading the forum, I've actually missed my S3 that much that now I have bought this. Well I have had this a few months now but not had chance to put some pictures up, so here she is.

2001 Y S3 AMK in the best colour :whistle2:

P1010631.jpg

P1010629.jpg
P1010627.jpg

P1010628.jpg

P1010625.jpg

P1010624.jpg

P1010622.jpg

P1010621.jpg

Just done a few subtle mods, N249 Delete, Forge 007PA, ICE Upgrade, Injector clean, and Airbox smoothing. would like to go for the B5 TIP and Re-Map when I have some spare cash. Will be going to AITP next month so hopefully will see most of you there and put names to faces :w00t:

Very nice, i think you have the best interior :yes:

Hell yeah!!...

+1 - ***** to keep clean though eh!

...and again, hell yeah ;P

I love my silver alcantara... looks the mutts tbh :thumbsup:

Fastest colour, best interior... big turbo next then LMAO!!!

<tuffty/>

Tell me about it, i have covers on my front seats and my back seats are in my bedroom! So i have the best interior but cant enjoy it incase i ruin it.

Best interior by a mile! I went in tuftys car on Saturday, and it reminded me just how awesome the black/silver interior isB

Nice motor mate :)

Looking good there rhubarb. Agree about the colour (well, exterior at least...). Just watch out for your mirrors going AWOL. See you at AITP on 7th Aug.

+1 - ***** to keep clean though eh!
lol it was pretty bad when I got it stained and bobbly but after a bit of no wet wonder foam and a bobble off its come up a treat :icon_thumright:

Hell yeah!!...

...and again, hell yeah ;P

I love my silver alcantara... looks the mutts tbh :thumbsup:

Fastest colour, best interior... big turbo next then LMAO!!!

<tuffty/>
I been keeping an eye on your progress from day 1 tuffty and I would love to go up that route, oh and not only is it the best colour its the fastest too :arco:

interior certainly different, but give me good wholesome black leather recaroes any day....I would say that - being biased !

interior certainly different, but give me good wholesome black leather recaroes any day....I would say that - being biased !

I had full leather recaros in my old one, but iv always wanted the heated half leather Alcantara. Ever since I saw my mates black s3 with blue black recaro's, it's just the feel of them there so much better and they break up the interior, and there rare and more of an prestige feel to them than just plain leather but everyone's entitled to there own opinion.

OK to be fair I haven't seen one up close and personal and the pictures posted don't show it at it's best. So I presume most who have commented have been up close & personal. When looking for an S3....years ago I never even bothered to view any with this kind of interior. This may sound crude, but I remember seeing some half leather seats in various fords, but the full black leather seat option simply looked like a completely different class.

OK to be fair I haven't seen one up close and personal and the pictures posted don't show it at it's best. So I presume most who have commented have been up close & personal. When looking for an S3....years ago I never even bothered to view any with this kind of interior. This may sound crude, but I remember seeing some half leather seats in various fords, but the full black leather seat option simply looked like a completely different class.

Hmmmm im not sure, I do like the full leather but iv always wanted the Alcantara, the problem with leather especially black is when it wears you get the horrid cracks and lines makes it look very warn, quite off putting really but with the Alcantara years of ageing make bobbles at worst but thats easily fixable and if it gets stained I have a great cleaner for that (No Wet Wonder Foam) lol works a treat :) Focus RS has the Blue Black seats there blue cloth rather than Alcantara with leather sides so I can see your point there they were not the best, but it is Fords cheap material lol Il be going to AITP so you can see the seats there if your going.

Thanks Chris.

Hmmmm im not sure, I do like the full leather but iv always wanted the Alcantara, the problem with leather especially black is when it wears you get the horrid cracks and lines makes it look very warn, quite off putting really but with the Alcantara years of ageing make bobbles at worst but thats easily fixable and if it gets stained I have a great cleaner for that (No Wet Wonder Foam) lol works a treat :) Focus RS has the Blue Black seats there blue cloth rather than Alcantara with leather sides so I can see your point there they were not the best, but it is Fords cheap material lol Il be going to AITP so you can see the seats there if your going.

Thanks Chris.

Chris........you raise some good counter points !

Looking nice mate, well done on the purchase, looks very clean....seats are cool too..

I have the black and blue leather/alcantara, i love them and think they are so much better than full leather, especially from a grip perspective as well as they dont let you slip as much as with full leather.

Looking nice mate, well done on the purchase, looks very clean....seats are cool too..

I have the black and blue leather/alcantara, i love them and think they are so much better than full leather, especially from a grip perspective as well as they dont let you slip as much as with full leather.[/QUOTE

Thanks Nilz I have to say the Blue is stunning and looks amazing with the contrasting Black I would find it very hard to choose from if there had been a silver S3 with blue to look at as well as mine. I totally agree about the grip too loads less bum slip on ours lol. Your not far from me I remember speaking to you on here before when I had my Red S3 from Prospect.

beautiful looking car there. fastes colour though...humm not sure about that ;-)

You have the twin brother of mine! The chrome mirrors look great don't they I like them on mine .... <they better not get pinched now I've said that!> Only difference is mine if full cream leather - correct about the slippage still like the leather door cards and seats though. Lovely motor mate best colour! ;)

Cheers Fran, yeah thats the main worry really the mirrors always on my mind lol. I had the full cream in my last one they were nice and not to bad to clean either