S3 Facelift Concert Tape Player Upgrade?

twist

Reaction score
I have a Facelift S3 with the Tape player and 6 CD changer. I have seen a few Facelift S3's with Concert single CD head units. I thought great will get one on Ebay....

Do they actually exist? Were they a rare option? I see a lot for A4's that look identical however I am guessing they do not fit the dash hole and the Facia will not be right?

Any guidance or other upgrade paths?

They are fairly rare as they were only produced for facelift models and alot of those went for the double DIN symphony.
The fascia will be different on A4 versions
Also presumably your S3 is pre-facelift so won't have a CANBUS controlled HU, whereas the Concert II is, so although it will work you will have to turn it on/off manually and it will turn itself off automatically after an hour.
Far better off spending a bit more and getting a decent HU like a Becker GP, matches the dash and has AUX in and plays mp3 CD's so you don't need a changer.
BeckerGrandPrix7992copy.jpg

I do have a Facelift S3. What are my options? I do like the becker. I have seen CD changer emulators for the Symphony tape units as we;; which provide Aux in. Do these work?