2002 A3 Aerial problem!!

Byro

Reaction score
Website
www.thepckid.co.uk
Howdy all,

Sorry to make my first post a question, but i'm at my wits end!!

I know this topic gets covered alot and i've trawled through as much as i can so now at a nice big wall!!

My 02 A3 tdi used to have the Concert stereo in it, which worked fine, both radio and cd.

I've now got my Sony head unit in there which is nice, but no radio reception!! I'm aware of the amplified adaptors that are needed as my Golf used to have one.

The problem i've got is that i dont seem to be able to find the adaptor i need, or at least dont know the terminology.

I've tried two what i call standard adaptors which plug into the aerial then a blue wire to a temporary live but no joy.
I seem to have two wires from my aerial, one is the standard aerial and the other i think may be called a falkra one?

I think i'm looking for an adaptor which connects these both, then to my cd player? or is that way out? I've tried an adaptor which connects the 'falkra' but again had no reception, though it was an improvement over the standard one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Byro

Hey Aaron,

I've tried one of those but still nothing. That is the one connection i'm on about though, i thought it would need to be the blue bit as well as the standard aerial adaptor to go into just the standard aerial bit for the radio.

Byro