Car overheating, no fans working and fuse blown.

mephisto

Reaction score
Had this issue last year, then the gearbox blew and it spent a year on my driveway. Forgot about the issue, found this few blown and replaced it.
Out yesterday sitting in car, overheat warning on dash. Lifted bonnet, neither of the main fans are running. Cut engine, just the pump is running.
Opened fuse cover to check fuses, same fuse blown again. Haven't got a wiring diagram but according to this it's Fuse S131. Can someone PM me the wiring shematics for S131 (APY) or make it easier if you've had it before and know what's blowing the fuse!

TIA

Ok just a wiring diagram for an S3 Fan circuit would be nice anyone? See above thanks.

change the fuse box - most prob got melted plastic on the contacts so there will be a smaller contact patch for the fuses which will equal more heat

Thanks for your reply, as in my pic above no dammage occured to actual fusebox and the fuse is not a clip in trimmer, it's fixed on studs with nuts n washers so it has good contact for sure. Surely smaller contact would equal less current? Anyway thanks for your input. Im not sure thats the issue. :uhm:

oh a strip fuse? it takes some current to blow them, you must have a faulty component somewhere..... specially if it has happened twice already, my only input would be it is possibly your fans

Well im going to leave it till the weekend to see if i can disconnect both fans and put a meter across them. Shame someone doesnt have a wiring diagram, maybe ill have to purchase one off Audi, oh this is going to be fun!