Air con cleaner???

stumunro

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to buy the cleaner to get rid of the smell air conditioning makes? I believe it is an airborne disinfectant.

I have tried Halfords & Motorworld, if you have how much and where did you get it from?

stu.

That's interesting, I've never heard of the stuff. I always thought that once the air-con gets really smelly, its usually air-con filter change, and maybe air-con gas refresh - you know what ever they do to replenish the system etc.

AL

If you've not used it for ahwile, it does smell... But give it a 5minute blast, and its fine again!

RIch

Just out of curiosity have you guys got Alcantara trim...?? Tried alsorts including the can of aircon cleaner to get rid of the smell and someone advised me that it was the trim that smells a bit wiffy under certain conditions, which is aggravated by the aircon. Was a bit sceptical myself, but am interested to see.

Audi dealers charge about £20 for the can of Aircon cleaner, my local dealer always seem to have them in stock, really easy to use too. It makes your car smell of apples afterwards, kinda nice.

I haven't got Alcantara interior, as for some reason I thought it wouldn't interest me.......now I wish I'd got it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

It's definately the Air co that causes the smell, and is porbably being brought to light after the winter months.

And don't waste your money on expensive stuff. Just empty a can of Neutradol (£2.50) into the cabin air intake (outside the car) with engine and a/c running. Make sure all internal vents are open and the stuff will find it's way through all the nooks and crannies. Shifted some horrific doggy smells using this in the past!

that sounds a much more realistic price, tipical audi charging 5 times the amount. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Just bought some Forté stuff from my local dealer cost around the 12 pounds mark, which may sound a lot, but when you don't speak the lingo you grab what you can when you can.