EM TuningChris Nott
    Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook

Unhappy Gear Leaver Disaster...HELP!

hello guys didn't know whereto post this / tried to find an existing to post though couldn't find any. recently got a Momo Nero Gear Knob on eBay MOMO NERO Shift Knob NERBK1 - eBay (item 390282482716 end time Jul-20-11 09:17:45 PDT)

though it doesnt seem to fit, they say its universal but when i took the OE knob off it wouldn't fit at all with the 3 screws as it was a push-down unlike the Momo one which was none moveable, so just wondering if anyone has had such an issue. quite sad as i paid 125$ which is quite allot for a knob heh..

please any help would be so appreciated, ill try to get sum pictures
    Last edited by Sevv; 2nd July 2011 at 07:41.

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I dont know what you mean...is it to slack?

3rd Gear

Status
    that should work. i after all have a pool ball on mine! if you lift the gaitor there is a metal clip round the plastic, remove this and lift the knob off and if its like mine you will be left with a straight bar which the momo knob then fixes on using the grub screws.
    Genuine Audi Pink A3 1.8T, stage 1 remap. Genuine Audi bodykit and Reiger front bumper, 18's, JOM coillies down 50mmish, dewipered, debadged, 007P, K&N, Janspeed exhaust, Bose and a few other bits and bobs!

WANTED: rubber mat which sits under ashtray in cubby hole
    drivers side wing mirror glass,
    bonnet in Devon area
    front brake discs for A3 1.8T

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    i think he means the gear knob wont push down so carnt engage reverse.
    i think?

3rd Gear

Status
    need clarification on this onethen please OP. It should work fine as the push down mechanism is in the base of the lever so is nowhere near the knob
    Genuine Audi Pink A3 1.8T, stage 1 remap. Genuine Audi bodykit and Reiger front bumper, 18's, JOM coillies down 50mmish, dewipered, debadged, 007P, K&N, Janspeed exhaust, Bose and a few other bits and bobs!

bonnet in Devon area

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    true steve but they do do push down gear knobs and no push down so the gear knob must have something to do with it

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    yes you are right , i have picutres now to show you guys , sorry for the late reply as i had to pick my sister up from the airport justr came from UK...

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    as you can see from the images, i dont know if its my model or everyones not expert , though the black plastic cylinderical object slides up and down with the spring inside it and at the top there is sum sort of plastic as u can see in the images and a Star bolt holding the spring down from popping out. when i try to install it im failing miserably , i tried to remove the transparent jelly like plastic at the top and the tried to fit it didnt work even tried to take the hole block piece of also didnt work so as u can tell quite quite a let down , also knowing i wont get a refund ..

3rd Gear

Status
    it looks different to mine so can't really advise so much. i think pic 4 is the solution and you will have to make it work somehow. sorry can't be more help.

if you bought it off the net and they stated 'universal, fits all cars' then that comes under the 14day distance selling stuff and they legally have to give a refund i think. plus discription is misleading

bonnet in Devon area

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    can anyone show me there;s by any chance and can i change my gear stick itself, im willing to go the extra mile as ive already had an argument with th eguy telling him he mislead me.

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    been think maybe put a short shifter or perhaps change the shifter and order one from Euro Car parts by any chance, what you guys think of it ? got a link

VW MK4 Golf Bora GTi Beetle Audi A3 Quick Short Shifter | eBay UK

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook

Gear Leaver Disaster...HELP!-(UPDATED)

https://www.partslink24.com/pl24-par...1Lwu:13nrgtrh5

hey guys this is an exact link to my shift selector for those interested quite different then the older one with part number: 1J0 711 117E

with 1J0 711 117 A as a replacement making it worse off for anyone trying to change knob. if anyone can help or has done modification to their knob and has a similar shift selector, it greatly appreciate. prawn thanks also for the images you have sent me matey.
    gearshift lever
    Last edited by Sevv; 4th July 2011 at 03:10.