Chris NottBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Neutral

Status
    Has anyone got this working for iPhone4 on their S3 with a bluetooth dongle from eBay?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    think we should have a separate thread of iphone stuff as it could get confusing

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    think we should have a separate thread of iphone stuff as it could get confusing
    Agreed, the Torque app is for Android only.

I have no idea why the Iphone won't connect mate as above the one I use is for android... sorry but hope you get it working.
    A3 quattro Sport

Forge 007p Pipercross panel filter R-Tech stage one map (213BHP)
    Oil catch can mod, SIA delete, EGR valve delete. Forge EGR delete plate.

1st Gear

Status
    Just to add aswell the 0-60 times can be a bit hit and miss, not very accurate at all but for checking fault codes and stuff it's a good app
    A3 quattro Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thats me selling these! I am out of stock at the moment. Alot of cheap interfaces lag and loose connection. Took a long time to find good a supplier, hope to get some more in stock soon!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewt. View Post
    I got it here Android Torque OBD OBD2 Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface | eBay UK but he has put the price up now.

There are other sellers of the same product though, just make sure when you buy it's not coming from china lol or you will be waiting, long time :D

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3wil View Post
    Thats me selling these! I am out of stock at the moment. Alot of cheap interfaces lag and loose connection. Took a long time to find good a supplier, hope to get some more in stock soon!
    I'm happy with mine. Do me a favour though mate and return feedback... cheers
    A3 quattro Sport

Neutral

Status
    with the torque app its connecting fine but saying unable to communicate with my ecu is my ELM-327 duff or despite having a port is my car too early a model to work with this guys app,its a 97 and I read a 98 tdi A4 wouldnt work either,what age is your car Newt?

5th Gear

Status
    Just started messing with this myself.... it dosn't need the weight for 0-60 times though as thats calculated via GPS and has nothing to do with the weight of the car,,, weight is needed to help it calculate BHP/Torque although it can probably do that via the Maf GS reading which incidently on mine read a max of 147 which sounds about spot on 147/0.8 = 184 BHP car is standard other than a K&N and a Forge TIP and the origional turbo on 120000 miles
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3Nate View Post
    with the torque app its connecting fine but saying unable to communicate with my ecu is my ELM-327 duff or despite having a port is my car too early a model to work with this guys app,its a 97 and I read a 98 tdi A4 wouldnt work either,what age is your car Newt?
    Mines a 2003 matey. I think I read that it won't work on older cars. Check out the torque website and see if you can find out whats up with it there.
    A3 quattro Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 666markyboy View Post
    Just started messing with this myself.... it dosn't need the weight for 0-60 times though as thats calculated via GPS and has nothing to do with the weight of the car,,, weight is needed to help it calculate BHP/Torque although it can probably do that via the Maf GS reading which incidently on mine read a max of 147 which sounds about spot on 147/0.8 = 184 BHP car is standard other than a K&N and a Forge TIP and the origional turbo on 120000 miles
    Yeah that's why I did the weight for the BHP. You played around with 0-60 yet. I got a 0-60 in 6 seconds but I don't believe it lol.
    A3 quattro Sport

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3wil View Post
    did u put the price knowing loads of us on here would start buying them? lol

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3Nate View Post
    mines not working either. Same as u, it connects and the lights flash etc but it wont read from the ECU... Extremely pissed! mines an elm 327 aswell. its black with an orange and blue bit on the front.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    did u put the price knowing loads of us on here would start buying them? lol
    was these £25 now gone up to £118..? do one...

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    was these £25 now gone up to £118..? do one...
    lol dunno if its those ones i got mine elsewhere.. if so what a cheek!

Neutral

Status
    Exact same prob DaveA3,going to email the torque guy see if mines on his known bug list. Going to get bluetooth adaptor for laptop and try that too see if its succesful!

12th Gear

Status
    works on 2003 not sure about pre-facelift. dunno why there would be a difference? Those adapters are proper tempremental.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    yeh ive put mine down to a defective unit as it didnt read from the ecu on my mates golf either and his is 2001. His didnt even connect via the bluetooth dunno whats up with that. Were thinking about just biting the bullet and getting the £100 kiwi jobby. The one that torque recommends. either that or try a wifi one instead of bluetooth

Blue Beast

Status
    I've got one of these:
    Torque OBD2 ii Adapter Bluetooth Diagnostic USB Scanner | eBay
    Paired with my legend straight away, not check on my desire s yet, need to play around with this app, however not sure if I should be seeing any fault codes, at the moment i have none, can only be a good thing!
    Current: Nogi Blue S3 BAM ⁞ Andy Mac sub ⁞ Forge 007P ⁞ TT Pedals ⁞ LCR Splitter ⁞ EBC Discs ⁞ Greenstuff Pads ⁞ Forge Short shifter ⁞ Spacers ⁞ Badger 5 TIP ⁞ Jetex Cone Filter ⁞ RTech Stage 1 Remap ⁞ 8P Gear Knob ⁞ N249 Delete ⁞ Oil Catch Can Mod
    Previous: MK3 Golf GTi 16v

Nick

Status
    Got a cheap adaptor off ebay the other day for under £20 and connects fine on my Nexus One.

Speed and revs is pretty accurate but MPG, BHP & Torque are way off!! MPG Was showing 38 when I got home when it was really about 29!!! Max. BHP and Torque I have got is 220 & 230, I am assuming this is at the flywheel so shoud be somewehere around 300 as my S3 is mapped.
    Have put the weight and engine displacement in but am I missing something else in setup???

Need to have a go at the 0-60 times etc...
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Epic bump.

I bought one of these, the Elm one.

Bought Torque Pro and plugged the bluetooth sender in, it won't connect with the car.

I read on a Mk4 forum that it won't work with an AGU and will only work with a 7.5ECU+?

Anybody confirm this?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Neutral

Status
    Does anybody know if they do one of these kinds of apps for blackberry? I've got one that you put in fault codes and it tells you what it means, but a code reader to go with it would be helpful lol

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Epic bump.

I bought one of these, the Elm one.

Bought Torque Pro and plugged the bluetooth sender in, it won't connect with the car.

I read on a Mk4 forum that it won't work with an AGU and will only work with a 7.5ECU+?

Anybody confirm this?
    i have an agu and it would never read it. worked on my dads a4 (b5 i think)

i even bought a 2nd adaptor thinking the first wsa faulty. now i have 2 i cant use n my dad aint interesting in that kid of thing.

pm me if anyone wants them

Neutral

Status
    Hi guys sorry for the thread revival and if this is a stupid question, i've bought this recently as i'm trying to stay oem as possible but liked the idea of a boost gauge. Just wondered how accurate it is, i know people have said it has a little bit of lag on the display but would it over read? It shows me peaking 24 then 20 psi in 1st and 2nd then 3rd-4th holds 15 psi, just wasn't sure if i read somewhere you need to minus 4psi for atm pressure.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    It will be working from what the ECU sees and yes, it is laggy... its as accurate as the data it receives when it receives it... but due to the lag then you would argue that in actual fact its not very accurate at all... if you run more than one gauge on the display then this will also add to the lag...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    its great i got it to clear codes etc mainly but wonderfull app and the addpater i got off ebay for a few pop seems fine dont shell out for the £100 + adapters

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I have added links to this thread for Torque and the adaptors...
    IMPORTANT! - When posting asking for help... - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING (UPDATED)

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12