Chris NottVolks Autos
    Lord Of The Rings

Status

Exclamation Window Closes Then Opens Again?

I've been having a random problem with my passenger side window....

If i wind it up, as soon as it closes it automatically comes down a couple of inches. this happens it i use the auto close (just tap the button once) or if i keep my finger on the button to wind it all the way up.

I've tried cycling the window all the way down then all the way up but it still does it.

Has anyone had this happen to them?
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

2. # ADS
    ADS

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

Status
    sound like its anti pinch?

is there anything stuck in the runners?

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ja3mie View Post
    sound like its anti pinch?

is there anything stuck in the runners?
    That's what i thought at first but it all seems clean and the window doesn't slow down like its getting stuck
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!

Status
    im not thinking so much of its stuck.. more like there is something in there or the seal is kinked which is stopping it dead.. not sure if these have anti pinch but worth trying.. mine done this once yesterday.. then i put it up and it was fine.. is it shut now?

Audi a3 1.8t AGU

Status
    yes these defo have anti pinch - trapped my mates finger in the passenger window and it came back down

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Both mine do it randomly too, on both windows.
    Not every time, but every once n a while it'll get half way up then just come back down for no apparent reason

I wouldn't worry about it too much
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    It use to happen on my B5 all the time.
    It stopped when I got a new key and resync them.

That might be the fix or just coincidence.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    All my vag's have done this at some point. My octo tractor dose it usually in summer or on a mega hot day. Always ok after it's turned off and back on lol.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    I had this and eventually it ****ed up all together.

There are some clip you can get if its slipped off the back. Basically as it goes up it slips off the clip closest to the door handle and doesnt go up as the glass hits the rubber edge of the door.

Either that or the window regulator all together. There are a few options:

1. Buy clip off ebay or audi cost a £2-3
    2. Buy a full regulator with kit £80ish
    3. Buy the repair kit off ebay it comes with all the clips wires and mech that you use to fix it yourself swapping only the bits you need. that is £30.

Lil tip. if you get someone else to press the button with you guiding the glass forward (towards front of car), if it works ok then itll be just the clip more than likely.

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

3rd Gear

Status
    mine are playing up a bit too. they won't close if i wind them all the day down! i have to press down, then up and they are ok.

i wind it all way down and hold it for 5 seconds, then all the way up and hold for 5 seconds and it seems fine after that for a few weeks.
    Genuine Audi Pink A3 1.8T, stage 1 remap. Genuine Audi bodykit and Reiger front bumper, 18's, JOM coillies down 50mmish, dewipered, debadged, 007P, K&N, Janspeed exhaust, Bose and a few other bits and bobs!

WANTED: rubber mat which sits under ashtray in cubby hole
    drivers side wing mirror glass,
    bonnet in Devon area
    front brake discs for A3 1.8T

Howdy

Status
    Mine started doing this occasionally since I fitted my wind deflectors.
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Thanks for all the replies everyone

It seems that the was my problem is different to the one mentioned here is that mine go all the way up (closed) then come back down again, while yours seem to not be able to close at all.

What i had to do to close mine was, keep my finder on the button, and as soon as the window got to the top i had to quickly turn the ignition off and remove the key

6th Gear

Status
    Seems as I have acquired this problem. Window stop going up as If it was getting stuck and then window goes back down. Have been to jodys and it's apparently the window regulator. How easy are these to source and at what price and how easy are they to change yourself?
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

2nd Gear

Status
    I fitted a new cable from ebay: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$%28KGrHqJ,!hoE1hWrU%28meBNfddORQzg~~_35.JPG
    along with a new set of upgrades clips from audi: http://www.audiclips.co.uk/clips.jpg
    all greased up, including the runners with some of this: http://img-europe.electrocomponents....0494124-08.jpg

Works a treat. Top tip, compress both springs with zip ties when fitting cable to make it easier.