Window Closes Then Opens Again?

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I've been having a random problem with my passenger side window....

If i wind it up, as soon as it closes it automatically comes down a couple of inches. this happens it i use the auto close (just tap the button once) or if i keep my finger on the button to wind it all the way up.

I've tried cycling the window all the way down then all the way up but it still does it.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

sound like its anti pinch?

is there anything stuck in the runners?

sound like its anti pinch?

is there anything stuck in the runners?

That's what i thought at first but it all seems clean and the window doesn't slow down like its getting stuck :think:

im not thinking so much of its stuck.. more like there is something in there or the seal is kinked which is stopping it dead.. not sure if these have anti pinch but worth trying.. mine done this once yesterday.. then i put it up and it was fine.. is it shut now?

Both mine do it randomly too, on both windows.
Not every time, but every once n a while it'll get half way up then just come back down for no apparent reason

I wouldn't worry about it too much :)

It use to happen on my B5 all the time.
It stopped when I got a new key and resync them.

That might be the fix or just coincidence.

All my vag's have done this at some point. My octo tractor dose it usually in summer or on a mega hot day. Always ok after it's turned off and back on lol.

I had this and eventually it ****ed up all together.

There are some clip you can get if its slipped off the back. Basically as it goes up it slips off the clip closest to the door handle and doesnt go up as the glass hits the rubber edge of the door.

Either that or the window regulator all together. There are a few options:

1. Buy clip off ebay or audi cost a £2-3
2. Buy a full regulator with kit £80ish
3. Buy the repair kit off ebay it comes with all the clips wires and mech that you use to fix it yourself swapping only the bits you need. that is £30.

Lil tip. if you get someone else to press the button with you guiding the glass forward (towards front of car), if it works ok then itll be just the clip more than likely.

mine are playing up a bit too. they won't close if i wind them all the day down! i have to press down, then up and they are ok.

i wind it all way down and hold it for 5 seconds, then all the way up and hold for 5 seconds and it seems fine after that for a few weeks.

Thanks for all the replies everyone ;)

It seems that the was my problem is different to the one mentioned here is that mine go all the way up (closed) then come back down again, while yours seem to not be able to close at all.

What i had to do to close mine was, keep my finder on the button, and as soon as the window got to the top i had to quickly turn the ignition off and remove the key :(

Seems as I have acquired this problem. Window stop going up as If it was getting stuck and then window goes back down. Have been to jodys and it's apparently the window regulator. How easy are these to source and at what price and how easy are they to change yourself?