Interesting day

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
Brought My Koni SSK suspension with H&R springs the other day, fitted the rears no problems on a few notches past 360 degrees. Much firmer and feeling smooth at the same time, very impressed. :yes!:

Could not fit the fronts, too messy, too complicated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif (or lack of wanting to do it = laziness) so I brought my car into ATS today for the fronts to be fitted for a bargain labour only price off £105.00 inc VAT. Read on...

Car was put onto the ramps and to my horror I confirmed a suspicion that my new Miltek Pipe was in fact blowing at the step down join, shoddy work by AMD or dodgy Miltek pipe? No I suspect AMD are not to blame, AMD are very good in their work and I have phoned them up to get the issue rectified ASAP. They were very good and were more than happy to re-inspect the car for the third time, the pipes are also rattling again.

So back to the main point, ATS, yes good old ATS. Within three hours they have managed to fit my koni dampers and H&R springs but somehow have mislaid my white rubber adjustable tool (the thing to adjust the firmness of the ride). Now personally I think one of the Chav ATS workers has nicked it, but I never stated this fact as the last thing I want to do is have a load of pikie families burning my house down. So I went with their version, of "its not here" and went with them agreeing to let me bill them fore the said part, I know I'll have a load of hassle getting them to pay so I wont hold my breath. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Anybody know where I can get an adjustable tool from? How much are they?

Lastly I brought my car home and went to wash her, as she skipped her wash this weekend as I was otherwise pre-occupied, and I'm certainly not going to a BP carwash again - that’s another story that I will tell in a moment.

To my dismay it looked as if one of the Chavs at ATS went on a off road rally X in my car, two inches of mud stuck up in the wheel arches and embedded in places you wouldn’t dream of looking. While I understand that they may need to test drive my car, I don’t appreciate them taking it out for a jolly. Really got me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

You still with me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif

BP car washes... Don't use them if you value your wheels, the new design involves a "muppet carwash controller" (not sure of his official job title) and tracks. The muppet (well just call him "M" from now on) guides you onto the tracks that look un-nerving like a big bike chain that grips your wheels. Anyways M guides me onto the teeth of death and says everything is fine, I was quite amused with the big green fluffy washer things until I started to hear crutching, grating and a little mangling to boot. Yes my car came out unscathed but my wheels were now about 1" smaller and had a new funky chipped pattern added to them. Well Impressed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

BP customer service says they are investigating...We’ve heard this before haven’t we; again I won’t hold my breath.

So within this happy new year of 2005, I have had my wheels pebble dashed by BP, My new suspension is unable to be set up properly, my car has gone on an unwanted rally race, and my New exhaust is not wanting to work.

Did I mention.....

Awwww thats really sh!tty mate hope you get everything sorted out! At least you can now tell us all on the site again and u aint banned anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hope tomorrow is a better day mate. Maybe staying in bed would be better, you have got some sh!tty luck!

On a lighter note, you best get your car sorted before the next spectacular Kent meet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Morale of the story here I think is 'dont be such a lazy ******'

...wouldn't of had ATS idiots loose on your car or wheels mangled.

Oh and dont buy a Miltek if you want it to fit right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A

Yeah someone else warned about Miltek today on a thread said they were crap and didnt sort his problem at all. Not good PR this week for Miltek!!!

Just like most companys, they get your business, then couldn't give a stuff about the after care. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and dont buy a Miltek if you want it to fit right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree / disagree.

To be blunt - if i was say, dissabled or not experienced to fit car parts - would I be classified as being lazzy not to fit my own car parts?

Should I therefore not expect a so called profesional and respected, widly known garage to be proficient to fit my said items without error, surley I, the paying customer is entitled to that basic service.

Being not dissabled and I'm no pro at fitting car parts I saw myself out of my league and not having enough time as I'm a busy working typr of guy, I'm sure you will agree that the above is also a valid argument.

ATS lost my tools and took my car for a joy ride
BP screwed my wheels in a car wash

Two seperate issues but both providing sub service.

I think I have said enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Forget talking to the monkeys mate go straight to the Organ Grinders and you will have some success! I wish you good luck in your quest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

If you use a fully automatic car wash with brushes and a motorised track you are asking for trouble IMO.

I don't even let the brush on the garage jet wash go near my paintwork, and the thought of those rollers would keep me awake for a week.....

True, they shouln't trash your wheels, but any such system carries risks, and if you are running large aftermarket alloys (i can't remember if you are, as there were so many mods listed in your post before) then the risk is increased.

Hmm.

I agree forget any kind of carwash unless its a manual one with cloths and not that brush thing! I dread to think of the damage that thinh does over time! or anytime for that matter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

yes David, it was the first and last time in one of those washers, thats why I was quite amused for a while untill the above happened. Safley say it will be my last, learning curve I believe.

Yes I am running 18" blings (RS4) with Koni, H&R springs and a Miltek Full stainless zaust.

Will be having my Brembo big brake done next month and then its the show starter engine converstion that everyone is waiting for.

Don't use the "can i wash your wheels with acid" technique that some hand valeters use either, especially on your Brembos. I have seen some that are now pink due to the owners laziness.

BTW, why not try Koni for a replacement bling enhancing, sill scraping tool? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Ouch, thank you will avoid, I think I will clean my car by hand all the time from now on.

The silly thing was I was caught in a snow blizzard in the West Country two weeks ago on the M4 and the car looked a state, it was late at night and saw the bright lit BP carwash saying clean, clean, clean!

The rest is history

[ QUOTE ]
The adjustment tool thing you were asking about to go from bling low rider to A3 allroad...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

yeah I was gonna do the unthinkable and say it never arrived in my pacakage, but then thats not fair to the supplier as its not his fault that ATS are not so good at their job.

I bet Koni will charge about the same price for a Boeing 747 for one! WIll give it ago.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree / disagree.

To be blunt - if i was say, dissabled or not experienced to fit car parts - would I be classified as being lazzy not to fit my own car parts?

Should I therefore not expect a so called profesional and respected, widly known garage to be proficient to fit my said items without error, surley I, the paying customer is entitled to that basic service.

Being not dissabled and I'm no pro at fitting car parts I saw myself out of my league and not having enough time as I'm a busy working typr of guy, I'm sure you will agree that the above is also a valid argument.

ATS lost my tools and took my car for a joy ride
BP screwed my wheels in a car wash

Two seperate issues but both providing sub service.

I think I have said enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...just joshing mate. There was a big clue here that it was gonna be a slack job though:

" bargain labour only price off £105.00 inc VAT"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Not that I'm saying paying more is always better ... look at Audi labour prices for example.

A

yep I know you were only joshing fella, just Im having to fight all these pesky companies just to get what I have paid for.

£105.00 inc VAT for two hours work is about right for an Kwick fit/ ATS/national garage.

Like i tell most of my mates & family, the company, ie Audi, Kwik Fit or back street garage, R only as good as there FITTERS, so its whos doing the job hands on, if u find a good mechanic (like my stepDad) then u know dam well they r gonna do a sublime job for u!!

BTW i think listers are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif, car is back in today YET AGAIN having told Audi UK a few times of the problem!!

O yeah, they employ kids too, what the hell is going on these days, they charge excessive monies for work that unexperienced kids do!!

Seems to me if u get a problem, they give u the 'im not sure, we'll have a look' attitude, which i think stinks, whats happened to the REAL mechanics the ones that can diognose problems and do something about it.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me of , sorry guys!!