Adjustable drop links

AGU-TURBO

Audi a3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
Im wanting a pair of adjustable drop links Has anybody got any recommendations at all?

My arb keeps touching drive shaft after changing the dog bone mount for powerflex. the actual bush is a little bigger and has moved my engine forward a little causing it to rub.

Many hanks

My pal has just fitted Jamex coilovers with adj droplinks. They helped him but his drop is moderate to say the least. If you really are low mate, they are as Dave has mentioned rendered useless. If you drop the mk4/8L chassis so much the ARB becomes useless and some people even remove it! lol but yeah, most go for a whiteline ARB

Cheers dave, nick ive only dropped it 30mm - it was fine till i put the powerflex lower engine mount on. Do you think i would get away with adjustable adjustable arb. Ill have a butches at the whitline stuff though. cheers

Hello mate, recently fitted a TT ARB to mine (2wd 1.8t) thanks to advice from Bhavin on here. It fits straight on but the standard droplinks are at a bit of an obscure angle but it does work. But the TT bar is only 19mm so check your exsisting one as you may need new bushes.

I paid

£40 salvaged TT 225 roll bar

£5ish each for ARB bush from Audi

Hope this helps mate, roll bar does not hit shaft at all any more. And I'm low enough for the shaft to hit the chassis on hard cornering :)
By the way the TT bar goes underneath the shaft just like a whiteline

I'll have to take some and put em up when I get time mate. As I do most of my forum surfing on iPhone these days so posting photos I tricky. I can assure you it works thou matey :)

here you go mate, took this (rather ****e, sorry short on time) photo today whilst repairing the dreaded centre exhaust hanger lol. i know i have the adjustable droplinks on but they are set to same length as the standard ones. Hope this helps.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what drops link have you got fitted ?

when i fitting my TT ARB, its makes the standard drop links sit in a unnatural position, which has caused them to wear out in less then a couple of weeks. there are only a few months old aswell
IMG-20110617-00113.jpg

what drops link have you got fitted ?

when i fitting my TT ARB, its makes the standard drop links sit in a unnatural position, which has caused them to wear out in less then a couple of weeks. there are only a few months old swell

Got the cheap venom adjustables that dont actually go shorter than the standard ones unless you cut em down!! Absolute rubbish. And its the Same here mate, they are shot already. I'm planning on making a set out of M10 Rose joints and nylon rod. That way the Rose joints will take up the eccentricity in the alignment. There about £5 each on egay, the Rose joints that is.

Last edited:
Let me know how you get on and ill try your idea :)

TT ARB on A3 Droplinks

Sorry, its taken a while to find time to do these. i used mild steel roundbar in the end, (had some lying about at work) but is the same idea. yet to fit as waiting for misallignment spacers to arrive.

Things used:

4x M10 rose joints R/H (£15 fleabay)
4x M10 nuts (£??? Already had some)
6-7 inch of 25mm ish mildsteel roundbar (£??? had some)
4x M 10 Misallignment spacers (£3 fleabay)

8mm Drill bit
M10 tap

will post pics on car soon, but heres a pic of them finished. Excuse the rather 'unfinished' look of the roundbar.

fvfuhw.jpg

k142ue.jpg