what rods to buy n where from????? might even upgrade my turbo too

AARON77

Reaction score
hi guys going to have my rods done in the next few weeks or so just need some help on which ones to buy and where from, also thinking bout buying a new turbo what shoud i go for ??? i dont want a shed load of lag whats the most efficiant turbo thats not rediculously priced??? and any other things you think i might need to know????
thanx guys :)

Last edited:
bill at badger5 will be the best person to speak to mate i got my rods from him cheers

Bill can supply and fit rods dude.

Mine will be finished in a few days, having been in tufftys though the lag really isn't a problem, it felt awesome from where I was sitting!

Bill can supply and fit rods dude.

Mine will be finished in a few days, having been in tufftys though the lag really isn't a problem, it felt awesome from where I was sitting!
just noticed you live in cheltenham do you go to your local crazy *** cruise that they have there???
i go bout 1nce a month as vince lives in swindon and he likes to go

tuffty what do you make of the likes of the brute rods...
Connecting Rods - Brute Connecting Rods - VW/Audi Brute 144mm Forged I-beam Connecting Rod Set. Forced Pin Oiling Rifle Dr

and these THS ones....
CTH Tuning - THS - VAG Conrods 1.8T 20mm pins

....in comparison with the I.E rods?

there's also alot more available than these. but do you and others just opt for I.E because its convenient through bill?

The Brute ones look ok and are rifle drilled, no experience of the either those or the THS ones though... I used IE rods as they were some of the cheaper ones available at the time and have a pretty good rep... Bill is an IE dealer for the UK and has fitted IE rods in to quite a few engines now so until they prove to be a problem he will continue to use them...

<tuffty/>

Bill is an IE dealer for the UK and has fitted IE rods in to quite a few engines now so until they prove to be a problem he will continue to use them...

"proof is in the pudding"....so to speak lol

Ive got PEC rods in my lump, must be good cos JP fitted them...

ive been looking at getting some from intergrated engineering but they are out of stock atm so ive managed to find some eagle esp ones from the US for around £250 including delivery has anyone got any opinion on these or even a link to somewhere in the uk i can get h-beam rods from at a tidy quality and price

I've fitted Brutes to mine.

IE werent very helpful imo (their normal H Beams dont fit AEB's properly, AEB specific ones were out of stock, then they werent ever coming back into stock, then the standard ones were out of stock as well), whereas Arnold at PAGParts was spot on and i was pleased with the whole experience.

The Brutes are also rifle drilled, which i wouldnt go without. Audi fitted the stock rods with rifle drillings to ensure sufficient lubrication at the small ends, i've no idea why you'd want to make the lubrication potentially worse when your building a motor, so for me rifle drilled rods are a must.

IE do offer a rifle drilling service, but the Brutes are cheaper than drilled IE's, and the I beam design of the brutes is apparently stronger than the H, although thats probably speculative at best.

Think i paid $600 for the Brute rods, some coated big end bearings and shipping, then some tax when it landed.

Last edited: