Alloy Front Top Mounts

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
Has anyone ever run these on their car? It's not exactly a daily driver (I work in the city so bus in) and more of a weekend hack so having the ride a little harsh won't be too much of an issue?

The obvious answer is "why not go standard?" but standard rubbers... $40 a side alone, not including bearings from VW (cheaper than Audi parts). I could get some shipped from the UK of course but seemingly a lot of companies seem massively off put by shipping abroad for some reason. They must think it's like Nigeria here haha.

They'll be fitted with Bilstein PSS coilovers.

I've got ground control alloy camber top mounts and can't fault them, the car is used everyday by either me or the misses, it is a bit harsher but it's not terrible

Audi's tend not to attract that kinda modification mate tbh... Mk4 Golf's are more likely.... An alternative to the alloy ones are the Leon Cupra R tops as they are made from a harder rubber... 80 durometer vs 55 durometer of the std items... providing of course you have a SEAT dealer down under or can import them...

<tuffty/>

I'd have to import the LCR ones - I tried the part numbers on with the VW parts guy and they didn't come up.

I might just fit the coilovers as they are and change the mounts later on when I do all the others in a "refresh".

Would the alloy ones really be that bad? Wouldn't they just make the suspension work more?