Hot S3

Essflee

Reaction score
Hi lads,

Quick question, I got home tonight about 19.20, just been out to check the oil on the motor and after 2 hours it's still well hot, the car has been in the garage so out of any little breeze there might be, is that right or should it have cooled by now ? I know the 1.8T lump runs hot but jeeze...

I was shocked as soon as I went to lift the bonnet as this was still very warm too,

When I took the car out the garage this morning there was a puddle under it which I assume is from the aircon as it's been hot the last couple of days,

I've checked the coolant and all seems rosey...

Cheers.

Yup totally normal.

You want to remove the under bonnet heat proofing along with the rear rubber strip that runs along the engine bay, you should see the amount of heat that escapes.

its fairly warm outside so takes alot longer to disapeat the heat, especially with no airflow... if your temperture gauge is reading fine, you have nothing to worry about

Thought I'd check, after seeing the puddle this morning and then having an over ****** S3 I did start to wonder, cheers for the help lads :)