EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    colicabcadam

air con / after run water pump not working ugh!

last year i had a problem with my air con, radiator fans and after run pump not working, it was the fuse on top of the battery.

a year later, the problem has sort of come back

my car does not overheat, the radiator fans work fine, they both kick in at around 102/103 on the 49c dash code, i could not tell you if it was high or low speed, but based on them coming on at 102/103, i'd say it was the slower speed

the air con does not work, but it seems to drain current from the engine, (revs dropped/gained when turning the econ button on / off) so i guess the compressor is firing up?

the after run pump does not work

my theory says it's a faulty fan control module 1J0 919 506 K - this was replaced not to long ago when the AA told me all the fuses were fine, they were not lol, so this part is under warrenty, which is good, sadly i can not find the old one, annoyed!

what are your thoughts / experiences?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    There is a fuse in the fusebox inside (by the steering wheel, at the end of the dash under a panel). Number 16, have a look at that, see if its intact. That fuse controls the A/C clutch, and the after run pump.

colicabcadam
    yea, checked that, no luck, no air con in this weather is annoying lol

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I would take a guess at your afterun pump is fooked, and your air-con needs re-gassing ...the current draw indicates the compressor is fine

colicabcadam
    air con worked fine during the day and it was recently recharged, both of them stopped working at the same time after restarting the car after picking a friend up

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I would check to see if there is power to your afterun pump first and go from there...if there is no power keep cycling the ignition switch to on, it should power up...

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Generalised repair for the after run pump - hit with hammer.

A temporary fix....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

colicabcadam
    just letting you know that it was the part number i mentioned 1J0 919 506 K

i opened it up out of curiosity and found part of the circuit board burnt, wish I had kept the orignal vw one that was believed to be faulty when it wasn't, the euro car parts one lasted no more than 7 months, which can not be returned because i do not have the invoice

second hand part cost £30 and it was easy to fit, so all good!