People with AmD remaps

Grant

Reaction score
If you have an AmD remap, please can you tell me what your bhp and your torque is and also your peak and constant boost pressure.

Thanks
Grant

<font color="red">
Please only reply to this post if you have an AmD remap and please no spamming!
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
Mine produced 262bhp, 284lb.ft recorded at the Audi-sport RR meet on 23/10/2004, also on AmD rollers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Was that similar to you RR printout after your remap?

Can you remember anyone else's RR figure?

Mine produced 276bhp, 296lb.ft last august at Pistonheads day on AMD rollers, It has been suggested since by a forum member that AMDs' rollers run high readings. Dont know about boost, although am back at AMD this weekend for FMIC, Neuspeed pulleys, and hopefully a boost tweak if not already at safe limit. AB

Mine was 260.8 bhp and 268lb ft. It was otherwise standard apart from that at the time though.

My figures don't seem to be as good as either Jojo's or amb276s3 though..... Bit worrying that.

Why is mine so crap compared to the other 2 above? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mine produced 262bhp, 284lb.ft recorded at the Audi-sport RR meet on 23/10/2004, also on AmD rollers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Was that similar to you RR printout after your remap?

Can you remember anyone else's RR figure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I made 260bhp and 300lb.ft torque on the day of the remap IIRC, will check when I get home.

Have a look here for results ---> AmD 2004 RR session /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I made 268bhp and 263lb/t on AMD rollers thats with a audi press car special remap.Probably done by geoff at AMD for VAG in 1999.(informed guess)
Boost 1bar held,1.1 peak on the road.

[ QUOTE ]
Ade_D, what do you think to the flywheel mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's free'd the engine up no end. The rev's certaintly pick up a lot quicker than standard. I would say it sounds a little rough on tickover without the clutch depressed and when accelerating at low speed in a high gear you do get a little vibration come through into the car.
I think this is down to the fact that it's solid and not got the rubber between the 2 plates as on the dual mass standard one.
That said i certaintly don't find it obtrusive and hardly notice it now.

When it was removed there was a HUGE difference in weight over the standard one.

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
Mine was 260.8 bhp and 268lb ft. It was otherwise standard apart from that at the time though.

My figures don't seem to be as good as either Jojo's or amb276s3 though..... Bit worrying that.

Why is mine so crap compared to the other 2 above? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Ade, I think that your results are more realistic than the other 2...

Your figures are by no means poor if you compare them to AmD maps run on other rollers, APR maps on the same rollers and some REVO maps.

As a stage 1 modification your figures are still, if anything, on the high side, but are by no means poor.

I bet my shoes that if you line all 3 cars up and run them side by side, you'll not see a difference.

I also would bet that if they were all in good health and run on the same roller then the figures would be much closer.

[ QUOTE ]
What about boost guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, i don't have that info...I only got the print out of the RR run berfore and after from AmD.

Ade

That's some interesting reading!

I took my standard S3 to AmD in December 2003 to get remapped and a Viper DV fitted.

After mapping they claimed my car made 266bhp and 299.9lb-ft torque.

When I got my boost gauge installed a few months later, it read that peak boost was 1 bar.

So someone please tell me how an S3 car produce 300lb-ft from a 1 bar map. Simple answer... it can't. I understand now to acheive anywhere near 300lb-ft your need to be boosting at about 1.6 bar.

As some of you will know, I was down at Star Performance getting my new exhaust and so it was a perfect opportunity to have it rolling roaded.

End results:

Power: 270 bhp
Torque: 254lb-ft

Great... so after spending a lot of my hard earned on supposed performance enhancing mods (a Supersprint cat-back exhaust with de-cat, Samco turbo intake pipe and Neuspeed P-Flo induction kit) I have gained a measly 4 bhp but have lost 46lb-ft.

I asked AmD to send me a graph of my boost plot. Apparently my car left AmD with a peak boost of 1.66 bar - so why does it only peak to 1 bar?

I have come to the conclusion that I either have a boost leak somewhere or in AmD's early days their figures aren't worth the paper they are written on!

Oh, and another thing - with the AmD map my car is overfuelling, logging readings of 0.6 lamda (0.8 - 0.9 is the optimum). Now I know why I use so much fuel.

So... any ideas why I'm not boosting according to AmD graph? Why I've lost almost 50lb-ft? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

262 bhp & 254lb ft, for amd remap & viper dv. Car goes like stink. Im happy.

[ QUOTE ]
262 bhp & 254lb ft, for amd remap & viper dv. Car goes like stink. Im happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
When did you get your car remapped? Recently? or a while ago?

If I had to guess, I'd say recently.

272.8bhp and 291.0 lb/ft thats according to AMD's rollers when remapped a couple of weeks ago.
I'll see if I can find out boost later on.

Is it possible that they blow very cold air into the intake at Amd in an attempt to get a good torque figure?

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible that they blow very cold air into the intake at Amd in an attempt to get a good torque figure?

[/ QUOTE ]
Very cold air was blown onto the side mounted intercoolers on Saturday and it made nowhere near 300lb-ft.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

They do have HUGE grain blower from a silo or something...shifts a ridiculous amount of air so must make a difference...how much of a difference i dont know.

Rich

The problem lies with boost pressure. AmD sent me my boost graph saying that my car was mapped to 1.66 bar peak boost.

Ever since I've had my boost gauge installed, max boost is 15psi. 17psi with an N75J valve.

Now... I either have a boost leak somewhere, or I've been sent the wrong graph. Either way, a 1bar map can't make 300lb-ft.

If your car is only producing 1 bar peak then you have a problem! Why don't you take it back to them? Did you tell them that its only producing 1 bar maximum? What did they say?

Cheers
RIch.

I've spoken to them... they said to take the car in... only 488 miles each way - I don't think so!

So I'm going to send the ECU down to them for them to have a look at.

The funny thing is, while using the boost machine and running about 1.5bar it went into limp mode on the rollers on Saturday and logged a excess charge pressure error in the ECU.

Question... Why would a car which has been mapped for 1.66bar hit limp mode at 1.5bar?

Mapping increases the charge pressure limit to about 0.2bar over your map. So if I did indeed get a 1.6bar program, my ECU should be capable of handling up to about 1.8bar before switching to limp mode.

I suspect I have a 1.1bar map, but AmD maintain that the boost graph they sent me is correct and should be boosting to 1.66bar.

Hopefully, everything will get sorted when I send my ECU away next week... public transport here I come!

mine was remapped back in September. Quite a warm day tho, print out said 18 deg c too.

Imola those figures tie in with a 1/1.1bar map(like mine).Like you said you'll never achieve 300lb/t
without 1.4+bar.

well 1.66 bar is a touch high anyway

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]
Imola those figures tie in with a 1/1.1bar map(like mine).Like you said you'll never achieve 300lb/t
without 1.4+bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience would suggest that you would be lucky to reach 300lbft at all with a standard car...

A standard car has an ECU limp mode limit that is likely to get upset at / around 1.6bar.. My car just makes 300lbft at 1.6bar with all the extra modifications fitted, and the ECU limp mode relocated...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
without 1.4+bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience would suggest that you would be lucky to reach 300lbft at all with a standard car...

A standard car has an ECU limp mode limit that is likely to get upset at / around 1.6bar.. My car just makes 300lbft at 1.6bar with all the extra modifications fitted, and the ECU limp mode relocated...

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop being a pooper David, my car makes 300lbft of torque! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stop being a pooper David, my car makes 300lbft of torque! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif dream on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif dream on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Lets face it .AMD have probably uploaded the standard 1.1/1 bar map and it's produced pretty good figures then bump some good numbers on a dyno graph and everyones happy....until you try the car somewhere else!!!You'd notice a 0.6 bar loss in boost,does it feel any different since the first day it was remapped?Have you tried logging requested boost as this should be 1.66bar but actual will be lower if it's a boost leak..

[ QUOTE ]
Lets face it .AMD have probably uploaded the standard 1.1/1 bar map and it's produced pretty good figures then bump some good numbers on a dyno graph and everyones happy....until you try the car somewhere else!!!You'd notice a 0.6 bar loss in boost,does it feel any different since the first day it was remapped?Have you tried logging requested boost as this should be 1.66bar but actual will be lower if it's a boost leak..

[/ QUOTE ]
I met David R last night for the first time (very nice chap!) and plugged in VAG-COM to do some logging sessions.

These logs have been sent to AmD for their perusal and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Command/Requested boost and Actual boost are pretty much spot on so it does not indicate a boost leak - which would result in a relatively flat boost curve which mine does not do.

Don't want to say too much just now until AmD have time to comment on the logs, but it's safe to say that it's peaking nowhere near 1.66 bar!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Imola S3, how did you figure out what boost your turbo peeked at from VAG com? I've measured my boost, just haven't been able to properly read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe its block 115 in the engine section for boost. The reading will be atmospheric+boost so basically remove 1 bar(1000mb) from the reading and that will give you about the right figure.

As per the sig... Car completely standard and with only 10,000 miles on the clock.

Kev