S3 Remap, R-Tech or AMD?

RobD88

Reaction score
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone had any recommendation either way between R-Tech or AMD for a stage 1 remap on an S3? I live in Essex so AMD is obviously a lot more convenient but I've heard a lot of good things about RTech and the price is obviously better.

Cheers,

Rob

I would say Rtech over AMD

Ill be taking mine to Bill (Badger 5) once its finished. What tuning is on your car?

Yeah, think I'm leaning towards R-Tech to be honest, just a bit of a mission to get there. Totally standard at the moment mate.

To tell you the truth, if its totally standard, i cant see there being much differences between the map R Tech put on compared to AMD.

Imho go r-tech amd are so overpriced etc!!

I heard that R-Techs mappers left ?

I saw Nick driving the r-tech mk4 at Inters on Sunday

Nick IS Rtech, and it's Nick that does the mapping, so I don't see how he could leave really Jase?

Where did you hear that anyway?
My mate mentioned it last week,he is connected so am surprised that he was wrong.

One of the guys called Ben left at one stage but he's back now..... he does the mobile side of the mapping for Nick.

Nick's the main man though as Prawn says and was at Inters pulling a 5.5 0-60 in his Golf 4 AUM...

Launch control proving it's worth IMO

i also live in essex, but i made the trip to go see nick at r-tech!! he has plenty of knowledge and writes the maps him self.
but i would seriously suggest getting a performance panel filter and a forge 007p dv at least before going!!

I've had AMD Stage 1 & AMD Stage 2, both have been perfect.

Both run on hot days...

Stage 1 - 260bhp/299lb-ft
Stage 2 - 290bhp/326lb-ft

Stage 1 was smooth but punchy low down and lost it a little up top, Stage 2 is another ball game all together with power all the way through, 290bhp peak and still 260bhp at redline.

I literally can't fault these guys, every time I am there they are so helpful and do everything properly without cutting corners. They've done a fair amount of work on my car and obviously it's enough to keep me going back.

r-tech at least ull know your car will be looked after. They also wont map it until its been checked thoroughly

Cheers for all the replies, gonna order a Forge 007p this week and fit that first. Then I'll decide where I'm gonna go, noticed a bit of a leak under the front passenger side of the car last night, so think I'll have to sort that first Hoping it's just the headlight washer hose because it seems to be pretty much in line with where the headlight washer is.