Re map Tdi quattro... safe Torque for OEM Clutch?

Phil_H

Reaction score
I know most remaps can limit the Torque etc..

The VAG PD130 seems to be pretty big on Torque compared to other car manufacturers,

Its my daily driver and I've grown out of "Traffic light" Grand Prix's (well maybe not all the time haha)

I don't really wanna be uprgrading clutchs n stuff..

What do you reckon would be an ideal map?

Stock Torque and 20-30 more BHP?

Or a bit more Torque but delivered smoother?

I've got "Jabba Sport" just up the rd from me, not sure if they have a 4x4 Rolling Rd. They offer 160-170bhp map with 295lb ft torque I think?

Cheers
:)

A3 TDi's use the same 240mm clutch as the S3 IIRC... mapping TDi's always ends up with mountains of torques... you 'should' be ok but clutch life is subjective at best... too many variables... they aren't too happy to be launched too often but should be ok if its fairly recent...

I am more than happy with the setup I currently have... works as a daily and I have launched on several occasions with no (noticable) ill effect so far... I use a OEM DMF and cover palte with a Sachs 4 puck paddle plate... the smaller surface area of the plate gives more overall clamping force so can handle the torque and the DMF and cover give OEM feel to the peddle so no shakey legs when in traffic :)

<tuffty/>