REVO - STAGE 2 - STAGE 3 - BUILD SPEC'S - K03 - K04 1.8T

AGU-TURBO

Audi a3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
These are the build specs for REVO remaps. Provided by REVO

Stage 2 Build Specifications:

Stage2 for 1.8T Transverse K03 based vehicles

Required:4 bar Fuel Pressure regulator Turbo back exhaust with Decat or highflow catalytic convertor (2.5"-3.0" recommended)Recommended:Cold Air intake (from stock MAF to front of car) Turbo inlet pipe Front-mounted Intercooler (Required if customer wants to use the full boost potential)Stage2

for 1.8T Transverse K04 based vehicles

Required:Turbo back exhaust with Decat or highflow catalytic convertor (2.5"-3.0" recommended)Recommended:Cold Air intake (from stock MAF to front of car) Turbo inlet pipe Front-mounted Intercooler (Required if customer wants to use the full boost potential)

Stage 3 Build Specifications:

Stage3 for 1.8T Transverse K03 based vehicles

Required:GT28RS turbo setup high flow exhaust manifold 3” downpipe with decat or highflow cat 2.5”-3.0” cat-back high flow exhaust 550cc injectors Stock 3bar FPR S3/LCR/TT225 MAF housing (70mm ID) with stock sensor Highflow turbo intake 3” cold air feed FMIC capable of supporting 400bhp (stock IC is not efficient enough)Recommended:Upgraded highflow fuel pump – can be in-line or in-tank Upgraded Clutch Upgraded Engine Mounts Boost Gauge Wideband A/F or lambda display

Stage3 for 1.8T Transverse K04 based vehicles

Required:GT2871R turbo setup high flow exhaust manifold 3” downpipe with decat or highflow cat 3.0” cat-back high flow exhaust 550cc injectors Stock 3bar FPR Stock MAF housing (70mm ID) with stock sensor Highflow turbo intake 3” cold air feed FMIC capable of supporting 450bhp (stock IC is not efficient enough)Recommended:Upgraded Clutch Upgraded Engine Mounts Boost Gauge Wideband A/F or lambda display

Last edited:
You do for revo's 'stage 2' though don't you Paul? I was under the imPression that revo stage 2 was just another generic map designed to work with a set list of bolt on mods, one of which was a 4bar fpr?

AGU turbo: it's worth noting that revo will only offer stage 1 for the agu engine, nothing more sadly :(

You do for revo's 'stage 2' though don't you Paul? I was under the imPression that revo stage 2 was just another generic map designed to work with a set list of bolt on mods, one of which was a 4bar fpr?

AGU turbo: it's worth noting that revo will only offer stage 1 for the agu engine, nothing more sadly :(

Bill has done a couple of stage 2 revo's during my time at the workshop and not once has a 4bar fpr been needed... Wellys was a stage 2 Revo before he went hybrid... they don't much enough power/airflow to max out the injectors... Danes was previously one of the highest power std K04 cars Bill had on the dyno running a custom map and a 3" tip and was on 3bar... all a 4bar FPR really seems to do is expire your fuel pump sooner... there is no need for that kinda pressure on a K04/K03 etc... (bearing in mind actual fuel pressure is the FPR rating plus actual boost so can be well over 5bar)

Some A4/Passat 1.8t's used 4 bar FPR's for whatever reason but with the right injector size and spray pattern there is no real need on a stage 2...

<tuffty/>

Amd put a 4 bar fpr on mine with their stage 2 but don't know if it's revo or their own map?

rrrrr thats a bit crap. Revo have a £100 off for "tommorow only" and was going to go stage 2. Looks like my next step will be hybrid then when ive saved some more penny's lol

Bill has done a couple of stage 2 revo's during my time at the workshop and not once has a 4bar fpr been needed...

<tuffty/>

I'm not saying it's needed paul, I know that no stock turbo application needs a 4 bar FPR.

What I'm saying is, that I thought revo stage 2 was a generic file still, which is written to work with a 4 bar FPR? Revo very clearly state that their stage 2 on the A3 and S3 needs a 4 bar FPR. I thought this was because the revo stage 2 was developed so long ago, when people seemed to think the 4 bar FPR was needed

If the file is actually written to fuel correctly with a 4 bar fpr then surely it'll underfuel with a 3 bar fitted? Unless Bill tweaks it in uni settings?

I'm not saying it's needed paul, I know that no stock turbo application needs a 4 bar FPR.

What I'm saying is, that I thought revo stage 2 was a generic file still, which is written to work with a 4 bar FPR? Revo very clearly state that their stage 2 on the A3 and S3 needs a 4 bar FPR. I thought this was because the revo stage 2 was developed so long ago, when people seemed to think the 4 bar FPR was needed

If the file is actually written to fuel correctly with a 4 bar fpr then surely it'll underfuel with a 3 bar fitted? Unless Bill tweaks it in uni settings?

I hear you mate... if its a wideband ECU then it will adapt... wideband ECU's are told a target AFR (request vs actual in block 031) and the ECU will use the wideband probe to meet the request... if the injector duty cycle is too low to meet request it will adapt up... I believe the increase in fuel flow capability is around the 15% mark when going from 3bar to 4bar FPR so within the adaption range... as you know you are making a decent amount of power on your K03s without a 4bar FPR and the injectors are coping... adding a 4bar brings nothing more to the table than a little more overhead on the injectors duty cycle vs more strain on the fuel pump... I can't speak for non wideband ECU's though...

My level of knowledge/experience is pretty much exhausted at this point to comment further but I am sure Bill will pop some useful info on this...

<tuffty/>

Last edited:

Its funny because when you speak to Revo they do say it doesnt need the 4 bar fpr.

Straight from the Revo website:

Revo | Audi

Stage 2 Build Specifications:

Stage2 for 1.8T Transverse K03 based vehicles

Required: 4 bar Fuel Pressure regulator Turbo back exhaust with Decat or highflow catalytic convertor (2.5"-3.0" recommended) Recommended: Cold Air intake (from stock MAF to front of car) Turbo inlet pipe Front-mounted Intercooler (Required if customer wants to use the full boost potential)

I agree with you guys, it shouldn't NEED it, I'm simply arguing that revo list it as a requirement, whether it should be needed or not!

I guess it depends if you are able to quantify its necessity on a dyno or with logging... doing runs checking AFR and injector duty cycle should be a start then checking long term trims... like I say I would imagine its a 'safety' spec to ensure there is always enough in the injectors especially on later K04'd engines when the EGT's get high and the ECU fuel dumps... guess they didn't factor on fuel pumps failing seeing as some of the other cars in the VAG range run them from factory...

If you can get away with not having one on a std pump then all good, if you 'need' one make sure its not sue to the pump failing as this has been seen before... fitting a 4bar over a 3bar does not increase pressure when the pumps on its last legs... and fitting an inline pump to 'fix' a failing intank doesn't work either :)

<tuffty/>

There is a 1.8t injector list on SCN...

1.8T Injector Details Spreadsheet - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

According to this the AGU does already have a 4bar FPR... this would be down to injector choice looking at this... similar spec cars on 205cc injectors had 4bar while small port stuff seems to have larger injectors and 3bar FPR's...

Must have been method to the madness I guess, maybe a difference in engine spec meant the higher flowing injectors atomised better for less fuel pressure than the lesser flowing injectors...

<tuffty/>