throttle cable conversion..

ja3mie

A3 1.8t Quattro Sport!
Reaction score
is there any way i can change to cable throttle?

cheers :)

yea, what's the reason mate?

Having got both myself, the DBW car isn't as smooth, and the electronic throttle isn't as good I'll admit, but the rest of the system is miles ahead of the pre historic ME3.8 ECU in the cable throttle car. ME7 is a huge step forward in terms of refinement and tunability

i HATE electric throttle, no matter what people say, they are no as responsive, more to go wrong.. and i like good ole mechanic feel and squeak from under the bonnet! lol

The biggest problem is that as Nick has stated the older cable throttle capable ECUs are pretty stupid and not as tunable and adjustable as their DBW counterparts. There are measures that can be taken to improve throttle responsiveness and feel iirc.

I have DBC and sooooooo wish i had DBW

thats a benifit too! lol wont it do it on electric throttle? lol

i HATE electric throttle, no matter what people say, they are no as responsive, more to go wrong.. and i like good ole mechanic feel and squeak from under the bonnet! lol

they are responsive - maybe your tune is not so good or there's another issue

its standard at the minute, i had my old cars mapped and you can change the responsiveness of the pedal "drivers wish"

however, i still prefer cable! old school ftw!

surley you can change the response of the dbw as you can with the dbc.
i would prefer to have dbw less messing less to go wrong also smoother feel on throttle, and more responsive as you not relaying on a cable just electric resonse.

i cant explain it, lol there is a definate difference between the 2.

guess i gotta stick electric though.

o well, worth a ****! cheers guys..